Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

ohms of speakers

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2007, 10:08 PM
Default ohms of speakers

Hey all,

I was wondering a couple of things and i hope you all could help. I have an 01 ss with the factorypremium sound upgrade. I am looking to upgrade my speakers and i am wondering what the ohm count is. For some strange reason i am thinking its 2 ohms but i am not sure. Can i run regular speakers(4 ohm) to the factory amp or do i have to have 2 ohm speakers? I am kind of baffled.

Thanks.....

Old 05-01-2007, 11:34 PM
Default RE: ohms of speakers

if you look on the bottom of the rear speakers in the trunk i belive it is actually stamped there. Also you can go out to Crutchfeild and look on thier fit ment guide and find out what they sugest.

As far as if they are 2 instead of 4. From all i know yes you can do this just you will not have the same sound quality that you would if they are all the same ohms.

There for it is Highly recomended to run the same acrossed the bord and or to have the right ohms for the sound that your looking for.

This is the easiset way i can explain it with out writing a book about it.

Also you can go out to Stereo domain.com and look aroudn on that site i knwo they will go in to more indepth details about the sound quality for ya there also. and might even make you look in to a diffrent amp or speakers.

Personally i like the cappa series btu that is just my. other then that it would ahve to be C.V. or Boston.