Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

Making my DRLs my Fog Lights

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2007, 11:07 PM
Default Making my DRLs my Fog Lights

I scoured the forum and did see this already talked about, so I apologize if it is.

Anyone know how to make my fog lights on my '05 Supercharged SS my DRLs? Also, anyone know how to make them stay on? My old GP had a toggle swich and turning the foglights back on everytime my lights come on is annoying.

Old 04-30-2007, 12:27 AM
Default RE: Making my DRLs my Fog Lights

sounds like you would be as well off to just run your own wiring and another toggle.

Old 04-30-2007, 03:35 PM

Thanks 2000LS! I think the factory hole is big enough for a switch much liek that in my old GP, or even if I could replace the existing "button" with one that looked the same but actually clicked on and off, maybe more mechanical than electrical if that makes sense. Anyone know where a person coudl find one of these? Did any Monte's have such a switch.

Also, I have read on other cars about modding the fog lights to be the DRLs, anyone done this on their Monte?

Thanks!

Old 05-01-2007, 12:48 AM

as far as making the fogs the drls, the problem would be that the bcm controls the headlights/drls, and runs the highbeams in series as the drls. if you drop the highbeams as the drls, you wont have any highbeams. if you ran them both as drl's and had the fogs on when the high beams are on, i dont know how well the circuit would handle the extra load.... but idunno maybe someone here has done it.....

as far as a switch that looks like your button.... maybe you could find a smaller switch, and glue your button to it. distroying your switch in the process, and good luck making the indicator work too.... might look for fog light switches, out of other cars, that you could make look good in the spot where yours was.

Old 05-02-2007, 12:20 AM

the way our switch works is simpel it is on when it has power when power is off the switch loses its pull and gose off.

So to remidy this you need to change teh switch out. Actually you might even see if you can find a Grand Am in a bone yard and get one of thier switches out. Or find a small flat toggel to replace it with.

As for the DRLS there is a bunch on here for tryign to defat the system adn none but one actually seems to work on all of the 6th gen cars.
and BE Engineering has that one for ya.
btu they are pricey if ya ask me at teh tune of 75.00 for a short harness. it will turn them off completly and or leave them on with teh flip of a switch also it will allow the auto lights to work normal and or you can shut that off to so you have to hit the switch on teh dash to get them to work to.

But i havent seen or heard of anyone gettign the DRLs as a fogligth instead fo the hig beams Belive me i have actually thought of doing the same thing.

I also would liek to figure otu how to get the Fog Lights to stay on and not work on the hig beam switch at all