Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

o6lt3 trans update

Old 06-27-2013, 07:51 PM
Bob
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default o6lt3 trans update

Pick my monte carlo up from the dealership today, and all i have to say is thank god they have a good tranmission tech. that works there.he went against putting in a reman trans cause he knows of how bad theses transmissions are, here is what he did to mind, he put up graded parts into the trans. here is the list of what he did. Plate Pkg. Plate Kit. Valves. Ring. Upgraded Gasket Kit. Upgraded Support. rebuild Housing. upgraded Pistons. upgraded Gears. new fluid. And for those who have this problem this is what he found when he tear it apart. Found 4th support cut into input housing bushing and put metal thru trans, distressed clutches and compomised solonoids. As stated, replace ALL clutches and seals replaced 4th support and input housing and 3rd piston and forward piston reconditioned valvebody flushed cooler and lines. Like i said, been driving it like this for 2 years and it this got worst, had to baby the car from every red light and stop sign. Do NOT FLUSH your trans and think it will yuor problem cause it will not, i try. without warrenty this would have cost $2,300, only had to paid $1oo, got lucky.