Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

New problems

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2012, 11:20 AM
1 Year Member
Default New problems

Well today my aIr conditionor compressor isnt kicking on....i did just install my amp and sub plus last night i put in my new hid fogs and headlights.....also should i just go with a remanufact rack and pinion cause i know it was a little leak and now i am thinking that it s turned to a big leak cause something was still leaking for some reason or other....well i really noticed the leak after i did the upper and lower intake gaskets and vavle cover gaskets so i already had those things leaking and i knew it wasnt them things causeing the small spot on the groung and at first i thought it might be trans mission fluid so now i thinking that its probably the rack and pinion just because when i turn my wheel i get a horrible eerrrrrrrrrr......sound so i geuss its one more thing gone wrong man ive been just replacing replacing replacing i do have 150,000 miles on her but never driven it like a race car driver ....ive been babing her for a long time .....every once it a while i hit it but not to ofton just because right now i dont want to break anything else.....please any suggestion on the rack and pinion brand,. what is the best? what is good?... or does it matter with this i was thinking OEM....whats you thought s on all this please

Old 03-25-2012, 11:51 PM
1 Year Member

Well I found out what was going on with the eeeeerrrrrr sound I checked the power steering and it was very very low......didn't someone else on here loss their ac after hooking up subs and HIDs ???????????.please give me some suggestions on where to start.....I do remember my buddy tried to fill it up last year and it was fine....he actually forgot to plug it back in after doing tranny shift selinode .so that was the problem last year and it was comming on with defrost about right before the subs and the upper and lower intake gaskets I did but I check to see if I even unplugged it but I didn't go down that far

Old 03-27-2012, 01:39 AM

Re-trace your steps and see if you accidentally cut the wrong wire. My 2000 has sub's and HID Low/Hi and fog and my a/c works fine still, I didnt cut any wiring though. Also It couldn't hurt running the car down to the shop and have them hook up the pressure gauges on the A/C lines to see if you haven't leaked out your Freon. I'd probably do that first, than I would know if I did something wrong vs. a leak in my system.

Old 03-27-2012, 07:00 PM

check fuses and any relays related to the ac

Old 03-27-2012, 10:46 PM
1 Year Member

Thanks guys just got a ton of work and been busi busi busi so haven't even drove it but one time in the last week so haven't had time to run it down to the SHOP....I didn't cut any wires either so I don't know what's going on also checked the fuse but haven't really looked hard to figure this out yet but probably a leak.....the compressor is not kicking on at all..