New Member Area New to Monte Carlo Forum? Stop in tell us about you.

new member w/ old problems...need help

Old 07-08-2007, 06:14 AM
Default new member w/ old problems...need help

ok so i just bought a 01 blk ss loadedlast week...im pretty stoked bc i think this car only looks good in blk and thats1 of many reason why i bought the car...anyhow..ive had it a week and everything has ben fine up until a couple days ago...my lights on my panel have been going in and out..strangly enuff there on during the day but dont work at night....i twist the headlight **** i get nuthing...im told its a "chevy" thing watever that menas but anyhow idont know wat 2do...idont wanna take it 2the dealership yet b4 finding out from sum other carlo owners on wat 2do

Old 07-08-2007, 06:26 AM
Default RE: new member w/ old problems...need help

Hi Lonnie & Welcome to the MCF
Sounds like a bad light switch ? Click below link to
read members post. Be patience, & I'm sure other
members will post their comments/solutions to your problem.
Post some pictures of your Monte : )
Look forward to your future post.
I hope you find your problem & be able to
enjoy your 01 Black Monte SS.
[:-]Click on below link [:-]

Old 07-08-2007, 12:04 PM

It seems like there has been a few just in the past few weeks with the same problem
As far as I know it has turned out to be the headlight switch

They do make an aftermarket switch, you can get them from AutoZone, Car Quest ect

If you have enough time stop by the local bone yard and see if they have any Monte's in there
I think from 2000 to 2005 will have the same switch in it.

Old 07-08-2007, 03:08 PM

Good luck and welcome to the forum!

Old 07-08-2007, 03:58 PM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2007
5 Year Member

hey, welcome to the site

sounds like a headlight switch to me too

Old 07-09-2007, 04:52 AM

ok so its the headlight switch?....im alil "cardumb"...so its the switch thats makin the lights not comeon?...and if i get this switch from autozone what is called and im not going 2ask how 2 install...i suppose ill just take it tha dealer..unless its easy...my only concern is...is it 4surely tha switch and how do i findout?...hey guys thanx 4tha help..i can tell im goin 2love bein apart of this monte family

Old 07-09-2007, 07:18 AM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2007
5 Year Member

i would take it for an opinion just to be sure, but dont take it to the dealer, unless its under warranty, you'll pay out the nose for it, the part your looking for is called the headlight switch if that is for sure the problem, and its probably not the easiest thing to intall yourself, especially if your not very mechanically inclined

Old 07-09-2007, 10:40 AM

If you go to AutoZone
Use their Z-Net system
it will tell you how to install the switch (step by step)
it will even give you the part number as will as a parts breakdown

Old 07-15-2007, 07:18 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2007
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

If your headlights "flicker" on and off when starting, along with dash lights and trip computer lights, it's not the headlight switch, but your BCM (body control module).All lighting is controlled by the computer. The switch just tells the computer what to do. Could also be the light sensor on the dash by the windshield. Had that problem on my wifes '99 Silverado. It fell down and didn't get enough light to work. It wasn't broke. I hope it's just the switch, but I have to guess it's the BCM. I believe it's under the drivers seat under the carpet. I had to replace mine on my '01 SS. All the lights flickered.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2319272

Old 07-23-2007, 05:07 AM

well no my headlights dont flicker atall...now maybe it has 2do w tha sensor on the dash idk....i just know during the day it works....when the sun goes down and it swtiches over...evrything goes dark....they dont flicker...however...every maybe 7days itll work...ill start thecar at night and all my lights on the panel will be on....but u can bet you r life that if i turn the car off and back on again theyd be off....since i cant fix this by myself....where should i take it?...and about how much do you think id be lookin at? this is openfor any1 2answer

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: new member w/ old problems...need help