Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

Need some help

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2013, 11:51 PM
Default Need some help

I have a few questions about some issues and I'll make it as short as possible. I'm fairly well with troubleshooting all the problems are this car, but I've came up with no conclusions for these new issues.

First, I have power steering leaking all over the cradle directly below the PS, so I'm positive it's that and not oil or antifreeze being they are both full. Oddly enough the PS fluid when I checked awhile ago, was pretty much topped off where it's supposed to be. Could it be the reservoir or one of the lines? It's very difficult to tell being it's all soaked in that area.

Second, I have this problem with my 1st to 2nd gear shift. I rarely floor the car, but the times I have, lately when the car gets at 5600 rpm to 6k when it's about to shift, the car bogs or sounds like a misfire and then just slams into 2nd. Of course I've been avoiding getting the car to that range, just I'd like to know what it may be if it's my Check Engine Code Minor Vacuum leak. It only does it in that gear change at the RPM. Never in 2nd to 3rd or 3rd to 4th. It could either be the minor vacuum leak or something with the tranny?

Lastly, my Traction control has been going off whenever it pleases. Generally after 5 minutes of driving. The ABS light does come on as well, it used to do that when the trac went off automatically. Tranny issue? I don't believe it's the Wheel Hub, but I could be wrong.

I really do appreciate anyone's opinions, thank you very much!