Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

Need Some Clarification Regarding Fuel Sending Unit

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2011, 01:37 AM
DTG
Exclamation Need Some Clarification Regarding Fuel Sending Unit

so ive notived alot of people have had problems with the fuel sending unit, I just picked up my monte today and am going to be starting to build my new box for my subs which is going to have to be assembled inside the trunk which means its going to be in there for a long time as the only way for it to come out is taking it apart, so im going to replace this part before I do that, however, regarding the following thread...

https://montecarloforum.com/forum/ge...problem-11915/

is it just the lower bench of the back seat that needs to be removed or does both the upper and lower pieces of the back seat need to be removed to get access to the panel in the trunk? tried looking at the guide links but brought me to a unauthorized to view page so wasnt able to see exactly what was meant by "rear trim panel" and etc, any pointers will be apprecaited,

PS - ive always found the fastest and easiest way to relieve fuel pressure in any car is to just pull the fuel pump relay and crank the car a few times, a bit faster and cleaner then trying to get at relief valves and what nots.

Thanks