Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

Need help with ABS and Traction Lights

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2014, 12:25 PM
Default Need help with ABS and Traction Lights

Hello,

I am working on my 2004 Monte Carlo 3.4

I have a Traction OFF and ABS light's on, also the screen flashes Service Traction Control.

I did allot of reading and what it says that it could be the wire or speed sensor in the hub assembly.

I got the car scanned for ABS codes and it shows codes C1233 & C1234 and a bunch of history codes.

I have already purchased 2 used hubs one front and one rear, from a salvage yard where i take the part off my self, so i was able to get good like new hubs.

I also noticed that the wire leading from the passenger side speed sensor connector was not in the protective casing and had a cut on it, the wire still seems to be in tact and not cut but the casing is damaged. Could this be the issue ?

If that is the issue, i have a connector with wire that i took with the hub and it is in great shape, is it ok to use that wire and to replace it ?

Can i cut that wire where it is damaged and what should i use to attach the ends with ?

Old 02-16-2014, 02:22 PM

18 views and not a single reply. Good thing i figured it out.

In case anyone else has the same issue, inspect the wire, check resistance on all connectors if it's good go ahead and replace the hubs.

I replaced the hubs, fixed the bad wire and no more lights !

Old 02-16-2014, 03:17 PM

I just had mine "hardwired" from the hub to the engine side. The wire was cut at the hub with about 4" hanging out and then cut further up on the engine side. Same thing as you had the ABS light and Traction Control Off lights lit up. I also had a myriad of check engine codes. Had my nephew check the resistance and he said it was "fine" so he simply spliced the two wires together and heat shrinked it.

Good thing you got it figured out.