Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

6th Gen ('00-'05): Need driver side door latch assembly and dash cover

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2021, 07:53 PM
Exclamation Need driver side door latch assembly and dash cover

Whats up Yall, so a couple months ago I went to shut my drivers side door and the latch broke. Im tired of messing with it and im also tired of of having a neon orange tow strap holding my door shut, ive looked around at junkyards and online and cant find a door latch assembly, I called my local Chevy dealer to see how much one would cost and it was like $220 for it and Thats alot when you're trying to keep a small-ish budget. im hoping someone here has like a parts car or something that theyd be willing to sell the door latch assembly from. I also need a dash cover. The owner before me took the dash carelessly and cracked it in half basically and when I went to take it off to hook up an aftermarket radio it broke more and it needs replaced at this point. Ive been trying to find a blown up Monte to buy for parts but im from Illinois and people will sell a blown up car for $3000 still. I will gladly pay someone for the parts.

Old 08-15-2021, 10:53 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2012
Monte Of The Year 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2017
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Blue6thGenMonte
Whats up Yall, so a couple months ago I went to shut my drivers side door and the latch broke. Im tired of messing with it and im also tired of of having a neon orange tow strap holding my door shut, ive looked around at junkyards and online and cant find a door latch assembly, I called my local Chevy dealer to see how much one would cost and it was like $220 for it and Thats alot when you're trying to keep a small-ish budget. im hoping someone here has like a parts car or something that theyd be willing to sell the door latch assembly from. I also need a dash cover. The owner before me took the dash carelessly and cracked it in half basically and when I went to take it off to hook up an aftermarket radio it broke more and it needs replaced at this point. Ive been trying to find a blown up Monte to buy for parts but im from Illinois and people will sell a blown up car for $3000 still. I will gladly pay someone for the parts.
Hey post a picture of the door latch part you want. There is a wrecked 2000 SS at the local junk yard. Also do you need the plastic bezel that surrounds all the gauges, radio, key insert area? I have 3 of those. really nice condition.

Old 08-16-2021, 12:02 PM

Originally Posted by ZIPPY02
Hey post a picture of the door latch part you want. There is a wrecked 2000 SS at the local junk yard. Also do you need the plastic bezel that surrounds all the gauges, radio, key insert area? I have 3 of those. really nice condition.

And yes thats the one I need. Mine is so destroyed that even my vents are crooked. The dude before made me so mad when i saw that. You wouldnt happen to have a center console lid aswell? When i bought the car that was also broken to hell to the point I just took it off because all the cushioning in the lid was goinf everywhere in the car.

Old 08-17-2021, 12:26 AM
Monte Of The Year 2012
15 Year Member

Nice I think I can definitely do the latch for you. It could even be the same one used by the Impala, they shared so many common parts. Outside door handles are the same, I know that for a fact. Will look them over tomorrow and get a latch plus see if they are interchangeable , we both learn something. There is 1 Monte and 3 to 5 Impalas at the closet QUIK-Pick junk yard. . I hear you on the bezel, you kind of have to wonder why they would just trash it out. Get frustrated, step back and regroup. The Monte console lid cover, that I'm going to have to think about. I used to scab so many parts these past few years just for moments like these. Will need to go through my parts at the storage units. Throw me your zip and I will try to put together some halfway good guy buy. prices. Shipping could be the biggest expense. Illinois eh, I'm out of Springfield. Was born and raised there. ran away numerous time from monster parents. By the time I'm 15, living in Calif as a runaway. Became a US Army fraudulent enlistment at 16 in 72 and never went back to Illinois. 09 years army, loved it, now holding up out here in Utah. Simply one of the prettiest states ever. Plenty of work, No 1, in the nation for low unemployment.

So blah blah blah, get me the zip and I will get you freight quote. Will look for console lid in the next couple of days. Have tons of gaskets for windows, trunks, complete carpet kits etc.
, ground effects, $600 rare front grille. wild to mild

Old 08-17-2021, 02:56 AM

Nice I think I can definitely do the latch for you. It could even be the same one used by the Impala, they shared so many common parts. Outside door handles are the same, I know that for a fact. Will look them over tomorrow and get a latch plus see if they are interchangeable , we both learn something. There is 1 Monte and 3 to 5 Impalas at the closet QUIK-Pick junk yard. . I hear you on the bezel, you kind of have to wonder why they would just trash it out. Get frustrated, step back and regroup. The Monte console lid cover, that I'm going to have to think about. I used to scab so many parts these past few years just for moments like these. Will need to go through my parts at the storage units. Throw me your zip and I will try to put together some halfway good guy buy. prices. Shipping could be the biggest expense. Illinois eh, I'm out of Springfield. Was born and raised there. ran away numerous time from monster parents. By the time I'm 15, living in Calif as a runaway. Became a US Army fraudulent enlistment at 16 in 72 and never went back to Illinois. 09 years army, loved it, now holding up out here in Utah. Simply one of the prettiest states ever. Plenty of work, No 1, in the nation for low unemployment.

So blah blah blah, get me the zip and I will get you freight quote. Will look for console lid in the next couple of days. Have tons of gaskets for windows, trunks, complete carpet kits etc.
, ground effects, $600 rare front grille. wild to mild

I figured impalas would share some parts, if you could get the latch thatd be amazing, ive called like 8 or 9 junkyards and none of them had a Monte that wasnt crushes and yeah just about everyone tries to escape from here lmao. Some actually make it out and others just get sucked back in, and I didnt get it either, the bezel is so easy to take off if you jist take your time. I live in Jacksonville, 62650, and hell yeah that bezel is so nice. Nice to know what mine should look like but mine just kinda looks like the hunchback of notre dame compared to that lol even my Hazzard button is busted. Theres so much on this car that i need to replace and fix its wild. Within the span of like 2 years the car went from perfect condition to trailer trash because the previous owner saw it as a "piece of ****" "it was just a cheap shorty car" and its really not, old girl is going on 20 years old well over its life time and still running like a champ, after I dumped $300 into it to replace the major stuff he broke on it.

Old 08-17-2021, 09:29 AM
Monte Of The Year 2012
15 Year Member

Jacksonville, I know that place, if I remember right it was a halfway large town. You have a pretty good sized lake there? Think people it is so good people from all around would go there to fish and water ski. Good that you are reversing all the abuse from its previous life. Our Montes are unique cars, nothing else looks like they do. They do have that thirst for cash, but once you have everything up to snuff and don't thrash it light to light it will serve you well. Like your attitude, even cosmetically things get corrected and then the ladies don't mind being seen in a Monte. Glad to meet you here on the forum. I already put my tool bag in the truck before I checked this message, so I'm rolling in a few will get there today and snag that part. What is your Montes name? Mine earned its name over the years, fondly called "The Bitch". Bought it new in Feb 02. Will be back in touch tonight. Not going to beat you up on prices, small mark up and actual shipping. Will insure bezel is packaged to survive the journey. Standby Illinois help is just over the horizon...

Old 08-17-2021, 10:15 AM

Jacksonville, I know that place, if I remember right it was a halfway large town. You have a pretty good sized lake there? Think people it is so good people from all around would go there to fish and water ski. Good that you are reversing all the abuse from its previous life. Our Montes are unique cars, nothing else looks like they do. They do have that thirst for cash, but once you have everything up to snuff and don't thrash it light to light it will serve you well. Like your attitude, even cosmetically things get corrected and then the ladies don't mind being seen in a Monte. Glad to meet you here on the forum. I already put my tool bag in the truck before I checked this message, so I'm rolling in a few will get there today and snag that part. What is your Montes name? Mine earned its name over the years, fondly called "The Bitch". Bought it new in Feb 02. Will be back in touch tonight. Not going to beat you up on prices, small mark up and actual shipping. Will insure bezel is packaged to survive the journey. Standby Illinois help is just over the horizon...
Shes a good car, all of them are, as soon as I save up the cash im buying an Intimidator with like 150k miles on it, One my childhood friends has one and im in love with it. I named her Monica from 2 fast 2 furious, every time something breaks I just yell "MONICAAAAAAA" and throw my money at it, Montes are definitely unique and I hate the fact that most junkyards are crushing cars 10 years or older. Theres all types of bits and pieces I need for this because the last owner rained hell on it. Here in the next weak im gonna have to remove the cat and probably do a muffler delete too. I plan to just like a 3 or 4 inch straight pipe because the owner before me used to try and drift on rough country back roads and literally tore the exhaust to hell and he drove it in the winter a couple times and then parked it and never washed it off so all the salt ate through the back fenders. Until I can find another champion blue Monte for body panels I got some DupliColor paint that matches the paint as best as it can, I wanted to make it look better and help stop the rust from getting any worse than what it already is. This car got put through hell for 2 years and the dude put less than 50k on it in 2 years but he ran the **** out of the car the few times he did drive it. When I first bought it he said it had a misfire and i checked the plugs and 2 of the spark plugs were literally blown apart. I dont know how someone manages to do it. Its so infuriating because all he had to do was take care of the damn thing, its damn nice to meet you on here man, ive been coming to the forum for a while because anything thats ever broke has broken for someone else too and its great to just be in a little community of people who actually care about Montes. Most car enthusiast i know wont even look twice at a monte Carlo. Ill be here later tonight. Im always checking on here

Old 08-17-2021, 11:08 PM
Monte Of The Year 2012
15 Year Member

Ha ha , well it is fashioned after race cars. Your description made me chuckle. I envisioned that guy giving it hell on the back roads like he was Speed Racer at the Watkins Glen NASCAR track. You may get the urge to power through a few sketchy turns, have a laugh. I don't get my car on the dirt, so that aspect I don't get to enjoy. I used to work the Grand Stand at the Illinois State fair a couple years selling cokes etc. at events. The track there was, may still be, dirt. Richard Petty and others raced it back then, stock car races. It was fun for a 15 year old, all the concerts, horse racing, tractor pulls etc. Might have to keep your eye open, prices are rising, probably sooner than later. The Intimidator Montes are sweet looking machines. Nice appearance package inside and out.

So how I read this you are going to part ways with this Monte you have now at some point not to far off. I have 3 of the Bezels. The one I showed you was my best one. I'm going to go to my storage unit and get out the other 2. They are in and of themselves very nice. Think one has a broken tab, the other a vent clip is broke or something like that. Look these up on eBay they are going for $300 plus. I would sell you one of my others if you approve of their condition (will post photos tomorrow night) the door latch I got today for $5.50 and I'm going to try and find the console lid too. But just the bezel and latch I would do $100 plus shipping. If I have a console lid, would let that got for $25. If we do the perfect bezel ( previously pictured) plus latch I would want $150 plus shipping. So not trying to rip you, but perhaps the 2nds bezel will be just fine. I mean they are in great shape or I never even would have pulled them. So 1st option $90 bezel, $10 latch or 2nd $140 bezel and $10 latch. You see the latch, I tried to salvage things with out breaking them and it has all the little do dads with it. The rods, power door latch , screws etc. You want all the rods etc. If not I can remove them. Figured this way may give you spare parts when you pull yours apart and something goes south. Not really making a nickle on it after fuel to get there, but that's okay at least we have you a latch, more of a favor to you to get you out of a pickle. I did salvage a couple other items off it too, so the trip was good for me too. I will hit UPS up on shipping to the zip you provided. I need to locate a box to package it all in, weigh it all etc. to get a hard shipping price. Added picture of the donor Monte for you to be sad about.

You are absolutely right, we get no respect at car events etc. Kind of like the rare car that people did not understand would become rare. And we snatched one up back when they were cheap. Here is a link to a Monte here in Utah for sale. Kind of the rare Supercharged Junior car, price and miles not to bad. Think these are more rare than Intimidators, but don't know that for a fact. And that is asking price, I bet it could be had for $10,500 or so. It has been on here for 2 months.

2004 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS Supercharged $12,499 in Sandy, UT | KSL Cars

DONOR MONTE, 2000 SS

2000 Monte Carlo SS

Drivers door latch 1

Drivers door latch 2

Drivers door latch 3

Last edited by ZIPPY02; 08-17-2021 at 11:23 PM.
Old 08-22-2021, 09:41 AM

Ha ha , well it is fashioned after race cars. Your description made me chuckle. I envisioned that guy giving it hell on the back roads like he was Speed Racer at the Watkins Glen NASCAR track. You may get the urge to power through a few sketchy turns, have a laugh. I don't get my car on the dirt, so that aspect I don't get to enjoy. I used to work the Grand Stand at the Illinois State fair a couple years selling cokes etc. at events. The track there was, may still be, dirt. Richard Petty and others raced it back then, stock car races. It was fun for a 15 year old, all the concerts, horse racing, tractor pulls etc. Might have to keep your eye open, prices are rising, probably sooner than later. The Intimidator Montes are sweet looking machines. Nice appearance package inside and out.

So how I read this you are going to part ways with this Monte you have now at some point not to far off. I have 3 of the Bezels. The one I showed you was my best one. I'm going to go to my storage unit and get out the other 2. They are in and of themselves very nice. Think one has a broken tab, the other a vent clip is broke or something like that. Look these up on eBay they are going for $300 plus. I would sell you one of my others if you approve of their condition (will post photos tomorrow night) the door latch I got today for $5.50 and I'm going to try and find the console lid too. But just the bezel and latch I would do $100 plus shipping. If I have a console lid, would let that got for $25. If we do the perfect bezel ( previously pictured) plus latch I would want $150 plus shipping. So not trying to rip you, but perhaps the 2nds bezel will be just fine. I mean they are in great shape or I never even would have pulled them. So 1st option $90 bezel, $10 latch or 2nd $140 bezel and $10 latch. You see the latch, I tried to salvage things with out breaking them and it has all the little do dads with it. The rods, power door latch , screws etc. You want all the rods etc. If not I can remove them. Figured this way may give you spare parts when you pull yours apart and something goes south. Not really making a nickle on it after fuel to get there, but that's okay at least we have you a latch, more of a favor to you to get you out of a pickle. I did salvage a couple other items off it too, so the trip was good for me too. I will hit UPS up on shipping to the zip you provided. I need to locate a box to package it all in, weigh it all etc. to get a hard shipping price. Added picture of the donor Monte for you to be sad about.

You are absolutely right, we get no respect at car events etc. Kind of like the rare car that people did not understand would become rare. And we snatched one up back when they were cheap. Here is a link to a Monte here in Utah for sale. Kind of the rare Supercharged Junior car, price and miles not to bad. Think these are more rare than Intimidators, but don't know that for a fact. And that is asking price, I bet it could be had for $10,500 or so. It has been on here for 2 months.

2004 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS Supercharged $12,499 in Sandy, UT | KSL Cars

DONOR MONTE, 2000 SS

2000 Monte Carlo SS

Drivers door latch 1

Drivers door latch 2

Drivers door latch 3
are my replies gonna go through yet? Lol