Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

drls

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2005, 10:11 PM
Monte Of The Month - July 2005
Default drls

ok the other thread got way out of hand so i wanted to start a new one because i really want to get this whole drl thing done. ive been looking for a place to put the switch...and if you dont remember i figured out that by breaking the circuit to the dome light it turns off the drls...i have looked around and i think the easyest place would to be in the digital read out thing by the sun roof opener thing(hopefully yall know where im talking about) if anyone else has an idea about where to put a switch and what kind of switch to use post it here and just leave all the argueing for the other thread

Old 05-29-2005, 10:16 PM
Default RE: drls

your talking about the DIC2 read out it has all of the information on you car IE Milage, temp etc,,,

you could add a switch there and use a small rocker witch or what they might call as a mini rocker, they are small and non aggresive apperence. also they are almost flat or low profile.
i will see what i can find for ya and post a link to hem for ya, they are nice and small abd would do the job for you niceil. you can get them in most colors to include black and with or with out the LED in them so you know weather or not they are working.

Old 05-29-2005, 10:21 PM

yeah thats what i was talking about. i figured that was the closest thing to the wires. its insane that something as simple as a dome light will get rid of such a big problem as drls

Old 05-29-2005, 10:25 PM

hey i have to figure out why my dome light wont come down LOLbut im wish ya on this one i would not thnk that they would wire it threw the domw lights LOL

another thought to this is the lights in your mior on this same circut? do you know of hand?
if not then they shoudl still work right? with out the dome light. also you might still have a switch with the **** on your ligh switch.

also dos eyour auto head lights still work on your car now with the dome removed?

Old 05-29-2005, 10:37 PM

If I were you I would run enough wire to place it on the dash somewhere easy to reach. Just a though...

TVW

Old 05-29-2005, 10:50 PM

i lost daylight before i could do any more testing because its raining ill get back to you asap

Old 05-29-2005, 11:35 PM

ORIGINAL: tvanwinklehome

If I were you I would run enough wire to place it on the dash somewhere easy to reach. Just a though...

TVW
The display isn't easy to reach?

If it were me, I'd put the switch somewhere it blends in, sounds like his main goal is to keep it as close to the dome light as possible to avoid having to run long lengths of wire and what not. I guess it would depend on what kind of switch he goes with, if it will look good up there or not.

Old 05-31-2005, 10:38 AM

are you sure your DLR's Are off when the car is in gear?
i have a window that reflects infront of where i park i took the dome light out and the min i out it in gear those damed things come on again!!!!!!!!! AGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If it is the last thing i do i will figure this out
off to find a wire diogram for this car with those in it I have the Haynes book(junk) and they dont show that circut go figure LOL

Old 05-31-2005, 10:43 AM

here ya go Dog, this is a link that ahs the mini Rocker switches also in Blue
http://www.dnagroup.com/rocker-switches.htm

Old 05-31-2005, 11:19 AM

Hey guys, I don't mean to sound dumb but, putting in this switch will it disable the DRLs? Or ,does this mean we'd be driving with our parking lights on? Please reply!

Quick Reply: drls