Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

Locks/Keyless/Battery

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2018, 04:41 PM
Default Locks/Keyless/Battery

We just acquired a 2003 Monte Carlo SS and we are having issues with the internal/keyless locks and the battery AMP is showing 0.

The stock radio was changed out a year ago with a system with back up camera but it did not start having these other issues until recently.
The keyless entry is not working at all. Yesterday, we pressed the unlock button and the locks did not unlock. We entered the door via key and as soon as we pulled the handle the horn went off. I pushed the unlock button and the horn stopped. The remote did not work again. The battery on the remote was changed 2-3 months ago.
The lock/unlock button on the doors does not function and it did as of last week...occassionally.

This morning we get in and the security/service engine/battery light lit. The battery AMPs show 0. We had no issues starting nor running the car.

I did notice as we left for church that the a/c did not get cold either and the lights were still on. Again the door lock/remote and batt amps were still having issues as well as the same lights as before. We have checked all fuses and all seem fine. Battery cables are tight and the battery was replaced 1 year ago.

HELP!!!

This was my mother in laws car and she left this to us upon her passing.

Old 06-08-2019, 03:39 PM

I am having the same issue with my keyless entry as well works when I open my doors but a minute later will not work

Old 06-08-2019, 06:52 PM

what I mean I open the door after unlocking it with the key it self and for some reason the keyfob works there are two button looking things where the latch connects to I messed with them. I mess with the key fob it works. just trying to find out what is going on. I replaced both batteries in both keyfobs and nada they don't work till I open one of the doors then it stops working a minute later. trying to find out my self on the problem I have and stumpped