Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

L36 intake manifold replace wiring problems

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2009, 05:32 PM

I have absolutely no complaints with my car. She has given me 200k miles of driving excitement lol. This, although not a MAJOR problem, has been the biggest problem yet. I had to have my transmission worked on some not too long ago because had a buildup of metal shavings and causing slippage. Engine and transmission are original though. Im gonna shoot for at least another 100k before considering anything drastic lol. Repairs that I have completed:
1) Radiator
2) Radiator fans
3) Those pain in the butt little plastic elbows in the tensioner
4) CV axle
5) intake manifold (gotta love that dex cool)
6) trans

Mods (when she was a youngin):
1) SLP Intake
2) Dynomax cat-back exhaust
3) Some beats in da trunk
4) Had some larger wheels and wider tires...yeah I destroyed them
5) Red Taylor wires/NGK plugs

I have been using Valvoline max life since my car turned over 75k. I change my oil every 5000 miles. Sometimes I go a little longer, I put on 5000 miles in about a month and a half. Travel alot. Hmm thats interesting about your Mobil1 though, maybe next Monte I may switch it up.

My car has had a good long life...my first car I bought on my own. Just trying to keep her going now though.

Old 06-04-2009, 05:35 PM

that actually doesnt plug into anything and no thats not a joke. unless someone elses monte has one plugged in somewhere that ive never found but i noticed that plug when i first bought the car and i have looked everywhere. it may be a plug for another car that uses the same wiring loom but i have never found a place to plug it in.

Old 06-04-2009, 05:46 PM

Are you SERIOUS!! I hadnt driven my car in a week because of this wire LMAO!!!!!!! I been searching and hunting, flashlights, magnets, my granny's extended arm! Im gonna put her back together tomorrow and start her up then. I took off the alternator and tensioner again too look further back behind the engine. I dont doubt you kweef, but...

Michael, can you still check the Bonneville though. Maybe its something the Bonneville only has?

Its crazy though because the plug is so clean (like I just pulled it out). Everything else under there is pretty dusty.

Old 06-04-2009, 05:48 PM

hmm hopefully he proves me wrong. ive been drivin around for almost 2 years without it plugged in lol

Old 06-04-2009, 06:01 PM

Well I have been messing with the plug so long I may have wiped the dust off of it??? I have really been searching high and low and was starting to think I somehow squished it into the lower intake lol. If you dont have one and drives fine, then I should be ok. Tomorrow or Saturday morning I will hook it back up and start her up and let you know the verdict. If she blows up....I'd probably just laugh lol

Old 06-04-2009, 06:16 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I'll still check just for the hell of it......

Old 06-04-2009, 06:41 PM

Thanks Michael!

Old 06-04-2009, 10:02 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default 2000 Pontiac Bonneville 3800 Series II V6 Engine area

Hi Rick,

So I checked out the Bonneville, and it is in fact hooked into something. I'm almost positive that the one your missing a home for is the sameone. You know the metal bracket that the engine cover hooks into? There is some sort of female conector screwed to the top of the bracket, and the the male plug that you have no home for is pluged into it...

Old 06-04-2009, 10:12 PM

yep our cars dont have that connector. the bracket has a place for the connector but there is no connector there

Old 06-04-2009, 10:37 PM

I will take a look at it tomorrow and let yall know what I see. I dont recall pulling anything out of that bracket, then again, I dont remember that much about any of those plugs back there. I just went on a yanking spree. Thanks for checking that out for me Michael. Anyway it goes, this car will be started come saturday morning. If Kweef can start his up without the plug, I pray I have the same luck!

Quick Reply: L36 intake manifold replace wiring problems