Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

keyless entry AND manual key on door nt working!

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2010, 11:26 AM
Unhappy keyless entry AND manual key on door nt working!

Forgive me for not knowing what happened here but Im a girly-girly and know noting about cars and of course I get the weird stuff happen to me and the car left me stranted in hail storm, dark and not able to get into my car.
I was at mall that just closed, hit my keyless entry and nothing, Figured great the battery went out in keyless (it's a 2006 Monte LT) but here's the clincher, I put my key in the door and it wont open the door! I am stranded at the worst possible time!
I call police and they can't get in and suggested that since it was just wrecked the door (sideswiped on freeway) the body shop got new door n didn't give me new keys for lock. But why does igintion work and start the car? So, totally clueless got a new battery for keyless. Go to car n still nothing! Go back to body shop they deny the lock was touched. I had to get a whole new key made for the door.
Can someone just help me with who's problem this is? Did they goof up when they made the car? Did it get wrecked and I wasn't told (bout from a dealer who got it at auction, was a rental car before)? And why won't my keyless entry work? Sounds like I have two sep. issues? Have to get another key made so I am not locked out again. But scared how much money it will take to get the sensor on keyless working. I can't be stranded like that again, even the officers were concerned (5'4 110lbs)
I called Chevy and they have a case number on it. They said body shop missed it, officer same thing but they took it apart and a lock smith had to make another key that works on door and iginition. What the??? I love my Monte n want a new one but am upside down in this one so stuck with it. Thanks

Old 12-02-2010, 02:01 PM

i had kind of a similar problem with mine. neither key i was given even fit in the lock. anyways the locks just had to be greased since the keys were never used. you could try that. i dont know if youre still under warranty but there was a technical service bulletin on the keyless entry on the 06 and up montes and impalas mostly do to poor range. they swapped mine out for a new one. i havent had a problem since. you might want to look into that as well. heres the info i got off my other forum. hope its of some help.

Document ID# 1875244

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Subject: Remote Keyless Entry (Inop/Intermittent Function) Or Tire Pressure Monitor Concerns - keywords fob RCDLR RKE RVS start TIMS TPM transmitter vehicle #PIC4325A - (12/01/2006)

Models: 2006-2007 Chevrolet Impala and Monte Carlo

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This PI was updated with the latest information on the RKE and TPM concerns, advising dealers of the upcoming TSB. Please discard PIC4325.

The following diagnosis might be helpful if the vehicle exhibits the symptom(s) described in this PI.

Condition/Concern:
The vehicle may exhibit one or more of the following conditions:

The RCDLR and RKE Transmitters will not function after the serial data bus has gone to sleep.
Intermittently inoperative Remote Keyless Entry (RKE) - A condition of intermittent operation of the RKE transmitters (key fobs) has been identified.
Poor RKE range and/or Service Tire Monitor System message
RKE inoperative after programming any module on the vehicle
New RKE transmitters cannot be programmed
Vehicle may display low fob battery.
Recommendation/Instructions:
A new coax antenna has been developed for the Impala and Monte Carlo. The new coax antenna and the Technical Service Bulletin (TSB) for all the Remote Keyless Entry (RKE) and Tire Pressure Monitor (TPM) concerns will be available in January 2007. Do not attempt any further repairs for any RKE or TPM concern on the 2006-2007 Chevrolet Impala or Monte Carlo until the TSB is released.

Note: The parts that were available through the Warranty Parts Center (WPC) have been exhausted and no additional parts will be available through the WPC.

Please follow this diagnostic or repair process thoroughly and complete each step. If the condition exhibited is resolved without completing every step, the remaining steps do not need to be performed.

GM bulletins are intended for use by professional technicians, NOT a "do-it-yourselfer". They are written to inform these technicians of conditions that may occur on some vehicles, or to provide information that could assist in the proper service of a vehicle. Properly trained technicians have the equipment, tools, safety instructions, and know-how to do a job properly and safely. If a condition is described, DO NOT assume that the bulletin applies to your vehicle, or that your vehicle will have that condition. See your GM dealer for information on whether your vehicle may benefit from the information.
WE SUPPORT VOLUNTARY TECHNICIAN CERTIFICATION

© Copyright General Motors Corporation. All Rights Reserved.

Document ID# 1875244