Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

Impossible Headlight Issue !! Help

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2016, 06:09 PM
Monte Of The Month -- January 2016
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Fairly cheap so it couldn't hurt. It is posible to test them with a multi-meter, but that's a bit technical. You should hear them click when you switch from one headlight function to the other, but it will be one relay or the other depending on that function.

Old 02-26-2016, 06:16 PM

Originally Posted by plumbob
Fairly cheap so it couldn't hurt. It is posible to test them with a multi-meter, but that's a bit technical. You should hear them click when you switch from one headlight function to the other, but it will be one relay or the other depending on that function.
Ahh. Okay. I'll probably head to the junk yard tomorrow and grab a couple relays and see if that fixes the problem. We can only hope. Haha. Thank you !

Old 02-26-2016, 06:19 PM
10 Year Member

Think new ones are only $5 or $6. You're kinda' taking a chance on JY electrical parts.

Good luck! and keep us posted

Old 02-26-2016, 06:27 PM

Think new ones are only $5 or $6. You're kinda' taking a chance on JY electrical parts.

Very true lol. I'll check autozone or something of the sort first. If not. The junkyard near me actually warranties electronics 😅 it's great.

Old 02-26-2016, 06:34 PM
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by Leprechaun93
I'm not 100% sure but i believe there is atleast a relay or 2 for the light system. Check the fuse panels and see.
Originally Posted by Alex S
Now I believe i unbolted this and got confused because all it was, was prongs going into the fuse panel. I ca always try replacing this and see I guess.
Originally Posted by Alex S
Very true lol. I'll check autozone or something of the sort first. If not. The junkyard near me actually warranties electronics 😅 it's great.
That's cool, but it can be confusing.

Old 02-28-2016, 11:59 AM

So I've replaced the relay under the hood. And it's a no go :/ I have not replaced the one in the driver side fuse box. Although when I switch settings. I do hear it click. Could it still be bad. ?

Old 02-28-2016, 01:30 PM
10 Year Member

Unlikely. I believe the relays are the same so you could use the same new one to test.

Old 02-28-2016, 05:03 PM

Unlikely. I believe the relays are the same so you could use the same new one to test.
Hmm. Okay. I'll have to check it out. Do you think it would work to cut the power wire to the headlights. And just wire it to something that comes on with te car. Bypassing the switch and ambient sensor.

Old 02-28-2016, 05:11 PM
10 Year Member

I'm sure you could make it work, but I hate seeing the factory designed wiring messed with. It somehow always comes back to haunt, not to mention what Gremlins that might be lurking around the corner from anything associated with the BCM which the headlights are.

Old 02-28-2016, 05:23 PM

I'm sure you could make it work, but I hate seeing the factory designed wiring messed with. It somehow always comes back to haunt, not to mention what Gremlins that might be lurking around the corner from anything associated with the BCM which the headlights are.
Could the BCM be bad ? Only causing the headlights to not work. What else might I try if the relays dont work :/