Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

How do you reset the warning lights

Old 12-24-2007, 05:47 AM
Default How do you reset the warning lights

Hey guys i was wondering when you replace your factory radio with an aftermarket head unit and you also install that module so your chimes and stuff work. MY question is how do u reset your oil life and low tire pressure light with the old factory radio gone.

Old 12-24-2007, 06:50 AM
Just call me Dubs
Default RE: How do you reset the warning lights

I'm not exactly sure and some of these guys may be able to help you better since I haven't changed my radio yet.But from my understanding your supposed to mount the factory radio somewhere in the trunk so that you can still turn these warning messages off.I bought a very long wiring harness for my car from a friend that reaches from the front to the trunk.He told me that's what that kind wiring harness was meant for so you could keep your factory radio to rest your message center.

Old 12-24-2007, 08:31 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2007
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Not sure off the top of my head, but I know it's in the owners manual. It's easy, just little tricks.
Don't have my manual with me right now, or I'd check, cuz you got me curious.

Old 12-24-2007, 09:59 AM

for the oil its the press the gas pedal 3 times thing and the tire pressere on is the light switch up pull it in andout to the marker light spot 3 times

Old 12-24-2007, 03:21 PM

With the ignition switch on, but the motor not running, for the oil life reset, pump the gas pedal fully 3x's slowly within 5 seconds, and turn off the key. Owners manual p. 5-23.
For the tire pressure, with the igntion switch to the on position also, pull the light switch to the parking light position on and off 3x's within 5 seconds, and turn off the key. Owners manual p. 5-73.
That should reset the system.

Last edited by RocknSS04; 12-05-2009 at 07:43 PM.
Old 12-25-2007, 04:33 AM

Thank u guys sooo much

Old 12-25-2007, 06:11 AM

So it worked for you OK?
Merry Christmas

Old 12-25-2007, 11:24 AM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I've been told that the methods Richard and Wayne mentioned are the same as the Grand Prix.
Personally, I like these methods better than the overly-complicated factory radio method mentioned in the owners' manual. It's also the method I've seen the oil change guys at the dealership do.

I've also added a link to this thread to the similarly named thread in the DIY section like you asked.

Old 09-22-2008, 10:29 PM

I did change my oil & that pump 3 times does not work![align=left]I found online manuals at: http://www.gm.ca/gm/english/owners/c...dispManualInfo[/align][align=left]I posted this to help others who are given wrong information like that pump 3 times trick.[/align][align=left][/align][align=left]How to Reset the Oil Life Indicator[/align][align=left]After changing the engine oil, the system must be[/align][align=left]reset. To reset the indicator, use one of the[/align][align=left]following procedures:[/align][align=left]Using the RDS Radio[/align][align=left]1. Turn the ignition to ACC or ON, with the radio off.[/align][align=left]2. Press and hold the DISP button on the radio for at[/align][align=left]least five seconds until SETTINGS is displayed.[/align][align=left]3. Press the SEEK up or down arrows to scroll through[/align][align=left]the main menu.[/align][align=left]4. Scroll until OIL LIFE appears on the display.[/align][align=left]5. Press the PREV or NEXT buttons to enter the[/align][align=left]submenu. RESET will be displayed.[/align][align=left]6. Press the DISP button to reset. A chime will be heard[/align][align=left]to verify the new setting and DONE will be[/align][align=left]displayed for one second.[/align][align=left]7. Once the indicator has been reset, scroll until EXIT[/align][align=left]appears on the display.[/align][align=left]8. Press the DISP button to exit programming. A chime[/align]will be heard to verify the exit.

Old 09-25-2008, 01:12 PM

Hey Guys, what about a 2006SS ?
My CHECK TIRE PRESSURE indication is on, I check the pressure on the dash buttons,AND the reading at the RRis getting worse each time I check it(was 26 psi now 16 psi) but the tire pressure at the wheel is fine (32 psi). So, sounds likesender unit going South.
I know to push the check-mark button and the message goes away, but, is there anyway just to DEFEAT the whole stupid thing? Come-on, I'm a gear head and I tinker in the garage all the time. I don't need an indicator to tell me what to do ! [sm=alcoholic.gif]