Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

6th Gen ('00-'05): Help monte carlo ss 01 won't turn on =[

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2014, 09:41 PM

Originally Posted by Nightmagic11801
it sounds to me that you have a bad ground wire somewhere. its probably back feeding which is what could be causing the gauges to act funny. check into all your grounds. especially fuel related ones. i have had several bad grounds cause so many problems. if its not that then i would go with either pcm or bcm.

thanks for the reply and sorry for the late reply haven't had time to get it to work , my dad past away so went through a lot but i finally bought a BCM and its the same =[ i posted a new video im put the link after this . the battery drains less than 5mins =[ it killed my old battery and my new one drains it less than 5mins once i turn the key to start everything shuts off from dashboard to headlights etc ... once i release the key back to ON i get the lights power back on =/ heres the video thanks
VIDEO
https://www.dropbox.com/s/g74zggqmfe...84559.mp4?dl=0

Old 10-03-2014, 10:25 PM

Originally Posted by gprtech
None of the gauges work unless the PCM is working. Do you hear the fuel pump run when you turn on the ignition?
The best bet here is to buy or borrow a scan tool and check to see if the PCM even communicates. My bet is that it's dead. It could be a fuse, ground or bad PCM.
PCM controls the starter, fule pump and all of the gauges.
thanks for the reply and sorry for the late reply haven't had time to get it to work , my dad past away so went through a lot but i finally bought a BCM and its the same =[ i posted a new video im put the link after this . the battery drains less than 5mins =[ it killed my old battery and my new one drains it less than 5mins once i turn the key to start everything shuts off from dashboard to headlights etc ... once i release the key back to ON i get the lights power back on =/ heres the video thanks
VIDEO

Old 10-03-2014, 10:28 PM

Originally Posted by Aaron0313
Yeah bad grounds can cause funky things.

I had a 2002 Monte LS where all the gauges would go to nothing, low fuel warning, low battery warning, etc would come on while driving and one day it just stopped while driving. Security relearns would not start the car and it was in a fuel lockout condition where the BCM didn't tell the PCM it was ok to start the fuel pump/injectors and wouldn't turn over. Turned out a new BCM and then dealer programming fixed it.

VIDEO