Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

6th Gen ('00-'05): Help with coolant flush, hose, and brakes

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2014, 03:29 PM
Default Help with coolant flush, hose, and brakes

Have a 2004 Monte Carlo V6 and just had a shop take a quick look at it. Was told that the rotors, pads, and upper radiator hose need to be replaced. Also said that the coolant needed to be flushed. I have done plenty of brake jobs and hose replacements on other cars, but have not worked on this one yet. Was wondering if I could get a few tips/pointers to help me out with the process and any tools needed. Also have never flushed coolant before, so I was wondering if someone could provide some details on how to properly perform that on this car. Saw some guides for other Monte Carlo's but was curious about this particular year. Thank you in advance!!

Old 12-12-2014, 03:46 PM

Hi GPS & Welcome to the MCF
I've never done this on a Monte Carlo, but maybe the links below will help...Plus, check back to see if one of our member's that have done this to their Monte & submits a post to help you > GOOD LUCK.

Old 12-12-2014, 04:57 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2013
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Welcome to the forum!

Space did not steer you wrong with the info..
and eventually in time depending on mileage...You may end up having to change the coolant elbows if it hasn't been done/replaced yet..

Its just 1 of the weak points in the cooling system...(GM design)

But other wise doing fluid flush fill on these monte carlos are relatively simple just time consuming. 1 important thing is after its all said and done besure to bleed/burp out the air of the system thoroughly and your system should run very cool and last a lifetime when done correctly... You may as well pressure test the system afterwards to be sure there is no leaks..
Good luck and keep us posted...

Should you have any further questions etc..Feel free to ask!
Were here to help.
Thanks for joining the MCF Family!
Be sure to post some pics of your Monte when your able to.