Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

Heating the Cab of Monte Carlo -Question

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2009, 01:45 PM
Default Heating the Cab of Monte Carlo -Question

I have a 2007 Monte Carlo and I notice that when I turn the heater on, the car does not heat up, however, when I am driving (or giving the car gas while in park), I feel the heater warm up. If I was to stay in a parked position for an extended period time, I would only feel cold air through the vents unless I press the gas pedal. Is this normal?

Old 12-01-2009, 08:06 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

This is totally NOT normal. You mentioned in a earlier post that you have 300 miles left on your warranty...take your car in to the dealer now, and don't let them do nothing. Explain to them that your heater only works under acceleration, but when the car is ideling, your not getting any heat. I'm assuming this is when the car is fully warmed up right?

Sounds to me that between this, and the fact that your getting the "water flow" noise, you are really low on coolant, have a huge air bubble in your system. If your low on coolant, you have a problem, maybe a gasket leak of some sort, or water pump.

Get your car checked before those 300 miles are gone. And don't leave that dealer until they have done something to fix the car. MAKE them pressure test it. Because if they don't fix it right now, and you go back after the warranty is expired, and say you still have the same problem, they won't cover it.

Just as an FYI: My car leaked coolant VERY slowly for about 6 months, I took it to 2 Chevy dealers before the problem was fixed, it was at the first Chevy dealer 3 times before I took it to the second one. They kept telling me they pressure tested the cooling system, and found no leaks, they said it was leaking from the hose clamp on the main cooling line, the even replaced the hose clamp. The whole time my water pump was bad, and getting worse. It was not till the water pump was bad enough that I could see coolant coming from it, and took it to a different Chevy dealer and told them, my water pump is bad, fix it! New water pump under warranty, and problem solved!

So when you get your car back, check it out really well, and make sure the problem is fixed, if its not, take it back until it gets fixed.

Last edited by MAMONTE; 12-01-2009 at 08:11 AM.
Old 12-01-2009, 01:12 PM

I have it at the dealer now. I am at a point where the mileage is going to cause the warranty to end. I am really concerned that this car will need a lot of repairs down the road. I have had a handful of issues with this 2007 35,700 mile car and they don't seem to stop. 200 miles ago I had to have the traction control cables replaced. 600 miles ago the battery went out. Now the heater issue is a problem. And now to top it off:

On the way over there, for some reason I decided to adjust the fader controls and noticed my passenger door speaker sounds very very faint. Thankfully I caught it and was able to mention it to them. I hope they fix it, but I also hope they put the door panel back on correctly if they change it out. I have had to do a lookover each time they did work on it.

Old 12-01-2009, 01:17 PM

10 Year Member

Thats good, look it over well. And drive it/ make sure the problem is fixed, if not, take it right back. You don't have time for their "we can't find the problem" BS that they sometimes say, or the "oh everything is perfect" when its not. Make damn sure its fixed before that 300 miles is used up.

Old 12-01-2009, 02:14 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

A lot of time's a dealership will say they fixed the problem so you hopefully run out of warranty. Don't let them get the best of you!!

Old 12-02-2009, 08:04 AM

I appreciate all the advice. I took the car to the dealership yesterday and they said it was the water pump. It is being replaced and I should be getting it back today. They said the water pump was not providing the proper flow.

I was really surprised. My car never went above the halfway mark or fluctuated on the temperature gauge and I never saw any signs of leakage. I assumed that my cooling system was working properly. I only came about this problem by luck. I live in Texas and we just had our first cold spell of the year which of course lead me to use the heater. When I pulled up to the drive through of McDonald's, I started feeling cold air from the vents.

Old 12-02-2009, 08:48 AM

10 Year Member

So i'm assuming you tested the heater and everything is working properly now??? Did they fix your speaker?

Old 12-02-2009, 09:55 AM

They are still working on it. The service guy told me the water pump was being replaced and that the speaker in the right door will be replaced.

I hope they fix the water pump correctly and put the door panel back on properly when they replace the speaker.

Hopefully, the speaker will sound the same as the left side. I will do a careful check of the entire car the next couple weeks.