Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

Heated seat help, no burnt wires, good relay

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2015, 05:59 AM
Default Heated seat help, no burnt wires, good relay

Hi guys, driver heater seat not working. I've read a lot about them and it seems like everyone has fixed theirs by removing the lower seat cover and finding a burnt or broken wire near the left butt cheek. I removed mine and found no wires broken or burnt. I swapped the relay under the seat with the pass side and turned both seats on, still only heat for the pass seat. So I know I have a good relay. The fuse for the driver seat in the inside driver side is good.

Bought the car like this, but the heated seat has worked randomly for a couple minutes a hand full of times. So i'm guessing the element is good? I went to try and swap the switches around but the plugs are different for the driver and passenger. As for the driver switch, the hi lights up when hi is selected, and same with the low. The light in the center doesn't work though.

I have voltage to all the pins on the back of the relay when the heated seat is turned on, but the element just doesn't get warm.

Not sure what to do next? The butt and the lumbar heat both do not work. Help?

Old 09-29-2015, 06:10 AM

Monte of the Month -- February 2015
Monte Of The Month -- April 2017
3 Year Member
1 Year Member

Maybe something in this post will help you out
click-->https://montecarloforum.com/forum/fw...ht=heated+seat

Old 09-29-2015, 10:12 AM

Originally Posted by Mcvfd12
Hi guys, driver heater seat not working. I've read a lot about them and it seems like everyone has fixed theirs by removing the lower seat cover and finding a burnt or broken wire near the left butt cheek. I removed mine and found no wires broken or burnt. I swapped the relay under the seat with the pass side and turned both seats on, still only heat for the pass seat. So I know I have a good relay. The fuse for the driver seat in the inside driver side is good.

Bought the car like this, but the heated seat has worked randomly for a couple minutes a hand full of times. So i'm guessing the element is good? I went to try and swap the switches around but the plugs are different for the driver and passenger. As for the driver switch, the hi lights up when hi is selected, and same with the low. The light in the center doesn't work though.

I have voltage to all the pins on the back of the relay when the heated seat is turned on, but the element just doesn't get warm.

Not sure what to do next? The butt and the lumbar heat both do not work. Help?
The link p343 posted is a great place to start. Here is another one I remember reading a few years ago.

https://montecarloforum.com/forum/mo...er-side-24461/

Old 09-29-2015, 08:45 PM

Anyone have any more guidance here?

Old 09-30-2015, 04:10 PM

[QUOTE=Mcvfd12;673466]The light in the center doesn't work though.
QUOTE]

The center position is the off position. Shouldn't see a light.
Down is high, up is low...or visa versa...but the center position is the off position.

Old 10-01-2015, 05:59 AM

I understand the down position is hi, up is low. There is an illumination for the heated seat switch though. At night, you should be able to see the switch lit up green in the off or middle position. Wasn't sure if that light not working was any indication of a bad switch. I was going to swap the switch with the passenger side, but the connector is totally different. The relay, I was able to swap from the passenger side as they're the same part number. Still can't figure this out

Old 10-01-2015, 06:03 AM

Possible to install aftermarket heat pads and retain stock wiring? I found a new lower seat with heating element and new leather but that's $350. Don't think I want to spend that much on the car, it's just my work car. But I would really like to have heated leather for the ohio winters here.

Old 10-01-2015, 07:41 AM

Yes, in the off/middle position, my switches have a yellow light.
My light comes on in all 3 positions but the driver's seat doesn't heat up.
The heated back is the part I need. I think the bottom of the seat and the back is heated also??

Haven't checked my fuse.

JC

Last edited by JohnnyCarlo; 10-01-2015 at 07:44 AM.
Old 10-01-2015, 07:51 AM

If yours worked randomly, I would think heating element. Not much else I would think could randomly work. Like a fuse, a relay, wiring, etc.

JC

Old 10-02-2015, 06:16 AM

Anyone know where I can get just the heating element at?