Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

Heated driver seat 02 SS not working

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2007, 05:10 PM
Default Heated driver seat 02 SS not working

Before I take this in for a "minumum charge 85.00" repair at the dealer, has anyone had experience with a heated seat that stopped working ? The switch lights up but the seat does not heat on high or low. Passenger seat works fine. Fuses in the car are all fine.Thoughts? Thanks!!!!

Old 01-12-2007, 08:22 PM
Default RE: Heated driver seat 02 SS not working

you do not know how happy i made my own on this option.

this is actually a common thing.

two things to check here.
one is the fuses both pass side of thecar and also the drivers side of the car.
two
check the wires at the base of the seat and make sure they are not in bad shape or cut some how.
Other wise you will find tha the heating element has burned out or other wise was damaged and to ge tit to work again you will need to replace the heating element .

but to put it out there if any of you guys have this in the car and dont want the switches let me know I need a set of switches for my car to put on my heated messeger seats.
Would be nic eto se tthem to look factory at least.

Old 01-12-2007, 09:36 PM

i'd say its most likely going to be the element in the seat. i helped a guy i work with who has an 03 with leather this fall, found the seat element bad, found out u cant just get the element, u get a new leather cover. and its not cheap if thats whats wrong with yours. im not positive one the numbers, but i was thinkin they charge $350-400 for the part and over $100 install, and if anything thats probly low.

Old 01-13-2007, 11:46 AM

Most likely a heating elment. It's common on these things to go. My dealer was going to charge $900 after labor and parts to fix it and I just figured I'd put up with a cold bum.

Old 01-13-2007, 08:43 PM

go out to PFYC and get there kit for 100.00 each side and use the factory switches for it.
put them in your self in a aftrer noon.

I havent used this kit but i can tell you after instaling mine it was not that difficult to do it.
took me about a house or so to ge tthem installed and working completely.
and have had no issues with my set up.

i change it out once due to wanting a diffrent messeger set up. wanted more zones so im up to 5 instead of 3 and still no issues. and the ehat will back you up off the seat in about 10min.
so they get warm enough to make you feel them in there.

Old 01-13-2007, 11:11 PM

Ok all good observations...Thanks. Mickey, I want to start with the fuses. Where are they located. If thats not the problem I will then see if I can handle the seat replacement. Trouble is it is the edition car with the pewter seats. Might be hard to come by so I may have to either improvise or freeze. Would just like everything working so as not to have to say...well the heated seat dont work.
Thanks!!!!!!!!!

Old 01-14-2007, 05:59 AM

you dont need to replace the whole seat LOL

it is jsut a heater pad that gose in to the seat.

if you look on the back of the seat with the top portion of your seat folded forward. you will see at the bottom there is a seam there.
just pull it apart and then you can get in to the seat there.
to put it back together it is like having to C's that face each other put one in side the other and roll the seem it sill go right back to place and you are done.

Old 11-10-2013, 08:53 AM

Are you referring to the fusible links at the base of the upper portion of the seat just under the corner?

Old 11-10-2013, 10:22 AM

THANK YOU to all who contributed to this thread. Just as was mentioned, the black wire at the bottom of the driver seat behind the corner had burned through. It was still connected but the wire had burned so badly that the metal had lost its' conductivity. Some solder and heat shrink and we now have a happy heated butt.
See Image below.
fixdriverseatheater.jpg