Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

6th Gen ('00-'05): Gasket Sealant help

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2017, 10:07 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2012
Monte Of The Year 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2017
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by MonteMan23
Yeah I gave it a shot but to no avail. I was thinking bars stop leak
I know almost everyone who is car aficionado keeps away from the chemical repairs, they treat them like the plague in a bottle. But sometimes the budget or even the value of the car dictates how much more money one may be willing to put into their cars repairs. So when a repair shop wanted upwards of $2200 for an engine swap due to a cracked block for the $1,000 02 Cavalier I searched about for a cheap fix for a not so well to do college girl, or I would have to pop for the $2200+. I did the Bars Copper and it did not work much if at all. I read about the K-Seal, seemed like a good last ditch effort and behold it held. The car has survived 2 Utah winters and one summer and it is still running today with the K-Seal fix. So to all the nay sayers, sometimes there is a cure in a bottle that will work.

That is interesting that the K-Seal failed to work for you. Wonder what went wrong, I told you about my 2 successes with it. My truck is still good and the Cavalier when I do see it is still running strong. They do offer you a Money Back Guarantee you know...

From K-Seals site:

We’re so confident that a single bottle of K-Seal Ultimate will fix the leak in your head gasket and save you hundreds, even thousands of pounds, that in the rare event that it does not effect a permanent repair we offer a Full Money Back Guarantee.

You can buy K-Seal Ultimate with confidence knowing that you are buying a tried and tested product that is also safe for you to apply and that has been proven to work on millions of vehicles worldwide.

Independent testing to ASTM D3147 standard

K-Seal Ultimate has been independently tested by the engineering division at Brighton University to meet the ASTM D3147 coolant stop leak standard. What is more, it is the only coolant leak repair product to have been independently tested by a University to meet this standard. Part of the strict requirements of ASTM D3147 is that a coolant stop leak product should pass through a filter of 0.85 mm without clogging or gelling. This ensures that the product will not block even the narrowest passageways in the cooling system. K-Seal Ultimate was proven not to block even the narrowest waterways in the cooling system.

Also as part of the testing, K-Seal Ultimate sealed holes up to 0.025 inch and cracks up to 0.01 inch.

The ceramic microfibres in K-Seal Ultimate have been scientifically engineered to seal leaks up to 0.635 mm in size (most leaks are in fact much smaller than this). These microfibres will naturally migrate to the pressure differential caused by the coolant leak or failure. The leak is repaired and the ceramic ingredient cures to make a long-lasting repair that is guaranteed for the lifetime of the engine

Last edited by ZIPPY02; 08-14-2017 at 10:18 PM.