Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

6th Gen ('00-'05): fuel line sizes

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2016, 05:38 PM
Default fuel line sizes

am I losing it or are the fuel lines to my fuel rail 3/8 firewall side, and 5/16 on the pressure regulator side?!, I've been chasing a "cough" while under light acceleration, a couple of other gentlemen here suggested looking for a vacuum leak first which I did look and found a slight leak at my brake boost hose into the upper manifold.....fixed it running much better but cough came back after a day, its very sporatic and infrequent now, and I replaced the rear 90 degree fuel line connection on the rail with a new 3/8 quick connect (it was leaking), the other hose connection is obviously a 5/16 and my local parts houses don't shelf a 90 degree "splice in" 5/16 quick connect, I was hoping this would resolve my "cough", but I'm thinking maybe another vac leak or possibly a fuel pump issue starting to show itself, it is a non AC Delco pump bought a year ago from Ebay, one last note I can hear more than feel or see in the tacho very slight surging at idle, everything has been changed or new....i.e. motor, sensors...MAP, TPS, IAC, fuel pressure reg, filter, injectors etc., etc.....it couldn't be I painted the motor gold and red for the 49ers could it?, anyway I could use some input, thanks

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
monte extreme 4500hp.jpg (40.7 KB, 0 views)

Last edited by Helmittt; 03-05-2016 at 05:45 PM. Reason: 2003 SS 3.8l
Old 03-05-2016, 05:58 PM
Monte Of The Month -- July 2012
Monte Of The Month -- August 2016
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

You are correct, 3/8 Supply line and 5/16 return line for fuel