Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

Front part of dash 04 Monte...

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2005, 10:15 AM
Default RE: Front part of dash 04 Monte...

Well mine has been that way since about 4,000 miles. It has now had the dash replaced 3 times and the clips "tightened" once. They actually still have the car as I type. This last time they changed it and set it on the lot next to another Monte. Within a couple of hours they were taking it back into the shop...they never even got me called. As the guys here suggested, they are now supposed to take both a good Monte and Mine apart and measure every bracket. They must have something welded in wrong.

I will keep you posted on what they find out.

Thanks,

Old 06-08-2005, 12:39 PM

ORIGINAL: Nitro40

Well mine has been that way since about 4,000 miles. It has now had the dash replaced 3 times and the clips "tightened" once. They actually still have the car as I type. This last time they changed it and set it on the lot next to another Monte. Within a couple of hours they were taking it back into the shop...they never even got me called. As the guys here suggested, they are now supposed to take both a good Monte and Mine apart and measure every bracket. They must have something welded in wrong.

Thanks,
I can't even see the warpage at normal driving position so it does't bother me. Why don't you just get a dash cover? I wouldn't be w/o my car so much for something so minor.

Old 06-08-2005, 05:56 PM

The pictures I posted were the mildest of the warpage to date. I wish I had pictures of before, I think you would have been taking it in then also. I can see mine while driving. We are getting 90+ degree weather here, and you can stick your finger through the warpage. I don't think I would be able to sell the vehicle with the dash looking like that without taking a hit on the price. I am not a big fan of the dash covers so I am not considering that as an option (just my personal preferance, nothing agaisnt the guys that have them )

The dealer called this afternoon, said that they even tried to expoy it down, but that did not help. I was not too happy to hear that...they were trying to "Jerry-rig" it...next thing they will probably tell me is to just leave it off [sm=headbang.gif] Supposely, the have measured everything that has to do with the dash but all measurements were correct.

The next thing they are going to try is to replace the dash pad. I am sure this will result in failure also, as they have already replaced that part on the first go around.

At this point it is getting to be more of a principal thing. They have had it in more for this than anything else. The longer I see that while driving and the longer I have to drive the Impala (loaner car) the more red I see. [sm=badbadbad.gif]

Does anyone have some picture, even from a teardown manual, that shows all the components in the dash? I would just like to see some, so I can get a better look at what the dealer is seeing.

Thanks,

Old 06-08-2005, 06:26 PM

How long have you owned it at this point?

I would ask thay they take it back or exchange it for another one. If they won't, go find yourself a lawyer to write you a nasty gram. That will usually spark some attention. It seems to me that they have been given way more time than need be to correct this one.

The dealer called this afternoon, said that they even tried to expoy it down, but that did not help.
Epoxy????????? Did you type epoxy on purpose? Take it back..........Take it back........Take it back. What the hell are you suppose to do if you ever have to remove that damn cover if it's epoxied.......... Find a lawyer quick................. Just out of sheer morbid curiosity, what dealership is this if you don't mind me asking? If you don't wanna say I understand but I would run a BB report on these guys while your at it.

TVW

Old 06-08-2005, 11:54 PM

ORIGINAL: Nitro40

Thanks,
well i just turned 3000 i'm really going to start watching closer now., i use a sunscreen but i think i read where that didn't help,could this possibly be called a safty issue? i mean if no one can find the problem who knows if it would effect the air bag.

Old 06-09-2005, 12:38 AM

Damn Nitro, im sorry to hear that. I hope you're preparing for the iminent "sorry, that's the best we could do" speech. Now if I could stick my finger though it, it would definitely be in the shop, no doubt!

Well bro, I hope everything works out for you and they take care of it.

Old 06-09-2005, 06:32 AM

tell them tha tyou dont wan tht e expoxy on it to hold it in place that is crazy.

As far as a safty issue i would think having a peice of plastic flying threw a car in teh event of a wreck would be considerd one. just my thoughts on this .

Good luck and keep us posted.

Old 06-09-2005, 06:39 AM

ORIGINAL: mickey

tell them tha tyou dont wan tht e expoxy on it to hold it in place that is crazy.

As far as a safty issue i would think having a peice of plastic flying threw a car in teh event of a wreck would be considerd one. just my thoughts on this .

Good luck and keep us posted.
isn't the wreck itself more of a safety issue? I mean, the warpage itself isn't effecting the operation or safety of the car, it's a cosmetic issue. That piece of plastic lying perfectly flat isn't gonna provided any more or less safety in the even of a front end collision than it will as is.

Old 06-09-2005, 06:43 AM

well then you go put a coke bottel on tehdahs and try it. I personally would rather have it cliped down so it dont become a flying object int eh car if it dont have to ,But then that is just me I would prefer tat my car was put togeather right and not half assed so tha tincase it dose get hit and that peice dose fly off there i dont have to worry about getting hit with it. but then again I dont like things hitting me to begin with kind of pisses me off a bit

Old 06-09-2005, 06:46 AM

ORIGINAL: mickey

well then you go put a coke bottel on tehdahs and try it. I personally would rather have it cliped down so it dont become a flying object int eh car if it dont have to ,But then that is just me I would prefer tat my car was put togeather right and not half assed so tha tincase it dose get hit and that peice dose fly off there i dont have to worry about getting hit with it. but then again I dont like things hitting me to begin with kind of pisses me off a bit
put a coke bottle on the dash and try it? WTF??? Try what? And who drives anywhere with a coke bottle on the dash? It's warped dude, not hanging on by silly putty and duct tape.

Quick Reply: Front part of dash 04 Monte...