Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

flashing 3rd brake light

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2005, 04:38 AM
Default RE: flashing 3rd brake light

ORIGINAL: mickey

when they are behind a lens your not going to realy beabel to tell what kind of bulb the person has in there just they will be dimmer or briter for the most part.

It is not like those LED bulbs were you can see the bulbs them self so i would not worry about that.But on a side note i do intend to change the rear tail lights at a latter date and time to the led direct replacemnt bulbs for my car

but if i can find them with the blue dot effect on them i would go for them over the standard style anyway
they are very noticeable in thier brightness and how quickly they turn on/off, behind a colored lens or not. Not only will that be a tale tale sign of LED's, but the light will be more directly concentrated on a particular area as the light isn't as easily defused as with a standard halogen bulb.

Old 06-23-2005, 04:59 AM

that will aslo depend on witch LED you use if you use the 180deg versios they will spread the light quiet a bit but yes i know what your saying and that makes sens it is somethign i would have to play around with till i got it right :-)
makes me wonder if i added a few blue ones in there if it will give the same effect hummmmmmm

well i guess i will be looking for leds on the net now LOL

Old 06-23-2005, 03:19 PM

that will aslo depend on witch LED you use if you use the 180deg versios they will spread the light quiet a bit but yes i know what your saying and that makes sens it is somethign i would have to play around with till i got it right :-)
makes me wonder if i added a few blue ones in there if it will give the same effect hummmmmmm

well i guess i will be looking for leds on the net now LOL
I've never seen the 180 deg LED's as replacement bulbs for cars

If youi want to find led's online, hit up www.superbrightleds.com

Old 06-23-2005, 05:10 PM

oh dont get me wrong they are not the replacment bulbs they sell on line im say that is what i ould use not what i would get in a replacement bulb. but they do sell the direct replacements for the tail lights them selvs and i would more then likely go with those for the tail lights but not the 3rd brake that i would more then like build somethign

thanks for the link I have seen them before also but didnt remeber the site name Thanks

Old 06-24-2005, 03:53 AM

thanks for the link I have seen them before also but didnt remeber the site name Thanks
No problem

Old 06-28-2005, 09:46 PM

I have seen this befoe, and in my opinion, it isn't anything special. It just doesn't do much for me. How about those LED valve stem covers that look pretty nice while driving, huh? huh?

Old 06-29-2005, 03:30 AM

ORIGINAL: SoCalSS

I have seen this befoe, and in my opinion, it isn't anything special. It just doesn't do much for me. How about those LED valve stem covers that look pretty nice while driving, huh? huh?
I have mostly seen them on motorcycles. I wouldn't do the flashing thing, just a lil corny IMO.

Old 06-29-2005, 04:27 AM

differant strokes for differant folks, [8D]

Old 06-29-2005, 07:39 AM

did you get it done yet?
seen on a diffrent borad where they were making the lights clear and using the LED lights out of the impalas then useing the flashers in them /

one kid used cold mior for his it looked sharp just wish i knew where i could get some cold mior you cou make it look simular to that decal that someone on here was talking about from Ebay but it would not be a sticker

Old 06-29-2005, 02:18 PM

not yet still waiting to get the guts to cut the wire

Quick Reply: flashing 3rd brake light