A few troubles, Signals, Power Window, Steering. - Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums

Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

Old 09-23-2008, 07:25 AM

Default A few troubles, Signals, Power Window, Steering.

A few problems I have been having with my 2001 Monte Carlo SS, Quite Basic I Suppose, but just haven’t looked into them.

The Driver’s side window goes down fine, but when trying to put it up it is slow, and has gotten slower recently, is their a fuse or something to replace to fix this problem?[/ol]

My turn signals, they are very temperamental, sometimes they work sometimes they don’t, is this another fuse issue or a loose connection? It’s very weird I’ll just be driving or just turn on the car and they won’t work, 10 minutes later or when I start my car back up they will be working, one of the weirdest things I have ever seen.[/ol]

The Driver and Passenger climate control lights are out, is this a easy fix, buy the bulbs, and then take off the whole panel?[/ol]

The one big issue is normally only when I first start up the car after sitting for a while. Turning it feels like something is rubbing and then when I hit the gas and go straight there is like a whining noice. Very weird. After a while it goes away, but still making strong turns you can here the rubbing and whining type noice. Any one ever experience this?[/ol]

Many Thanks for any advice.
Old 09-23-2008, 01:11 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Default RE: A few troubles, Signals, Power Window, Steering.

the window and climate control lights I have/had that problem.

open your window all the way, does it sound like it just fell to hard? Open it halfway, lift on the glass. Does it move a lot more than it should? I had just taken my door apart and noticed that a machine screw that holds the glass to the lever that moves the window up and down was somehow unscrewed and just sitting in my door. After I put that back in my window is perfect.

the climate control lights my driver's side one is shot, and my radio has 3 unlit buttons, I had heard they are not that easy to fix. nor are they a fuse.
Old 09-24-2008, 02:18 AM
5 Year Member

As far as the steering:

Have you checked the power steering fluid level? About two years ago, mine was doing what you described (it's a 2001 LS). It was just low on fluid. Topped it back up that day, and haven't had any noise since.

-Riggs.
Old 09-29-2008, 12:50 PM

I'll have to top off the power steering fluid, it is just weird because its only after my car sits at night for a couple hour, I'll go out park my car, and when I drive home it makes the weird noices when turning and accelerating. Just really weird, any one else with this problem.
Old 09-29-2008, 01:20 PM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

[align=center]Hi KW jr,[/align][align=center]Found the below in my ReSearch file, and it may give you some[/align][align=center]insight into power steering problems.[/align][align=center](Write up is about a 96 Monte Carlo)[/align][align=center]Hope it helps, until one of our expert members reads your[/align][align=center]post problems, and gives their opinion/solutions.[/align][align=center]Good Luck[/align][align=center]Click on below link[/align][align=center][:-][/align][align=center]http://www.popularmechanics.com/auto...36.html?page=2[/align][align=center][/align][align=center][:-]Oh-`no [:-][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][:-][/align][align=center]The leak in this pump is from rusted-through sheetmetal housing. Usual leakage mode is shaft seal or hoses. [/align]