Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

EVAP system problems!

Old 06-02-2014, 01:36 PM
Default EVAP system problems!

Ok, so the issue is with my EVAP system. I went to put gas in my car the other day and i could not get any gas in the tank. It kept shutting off the gas nozzle after just a few quick squirts of gas . So i had to unhook the hose that runs parralel with the gas tank tube. So it is some kind of back pressure issue being caused by the EVAP emission stuff. My check engine light is on also because of this issue. I took it to Autozone and had them hook it up to their little handheld computer thing, and it showed codes, that the guy said was related to the EVAP system. The problem is those codes just give you a general idea of what is wrong and not the specific cause. I need to get this fixed so i can pass emission as this month is when i get my car tags. Has anyone had this problem or know anything specifically i can fix/replace to fix it? I just dont want to start replacing stuff if i dont have to, and i dont really have the extra money to put it in a shop. Any help would be appreciated.