Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

DTC's

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2005, 03:55 PM
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default DTC's

I just could not wait for 5:00 to play with my new little toy.

Chevy_jj, FD anyone know what these codes are?

B3128

U1301

Thanks
TVW

Old 04-14-2005, 08:28 PM
Default RE: DTC's

huh? i dont follow..

Old 04-14-2005, 11:11 PM

DTC= Diagnostic Trouble Code

I picked up a Hypertech Power Programmer III today and it reports trouble codes. The two listed showed up.

I was able to clear them but I would still like to know what the heck they were..

TVW

Old 04-15-2005, 12:39 AM

im didnt log on till 8:30 tonight so ill look tomorrow. the b is a body code and the u is a communication code between the modules. so if you lose your bcm you will set a plethora of u codes in all the other modules. like the other day i had a impala and when you open the door it was like a disco lounge. the dome light flashed constantly and the chime sounded pretty sick. i could not talk to the bcm and all the other modules i could talk to, some dont talk, gave me u code telling on the bcm. you cam set these codes by power loss or just logic build up, or confusion in the system. its crazy some of these vehicles have more control modules than nasa, so it seems. some codes are set accidently and some are from something that happened for one millisecond and it set a history code. ill let you know as soon as i get a chance tommorow.

Old 04-15-2005, 11:22 AM

heres your first code, the b code

00-05 Chevrolet WB with History DTC B3128 - kw BCM door lock #PIC3194 - (Oct 15, 2004)
2000-2005 Chevrolet WB with History DTC B3128.

The following diagnosis might be helpful if the vehicle exhibits the symptom described in the PI.

Condition/Concern:
Impala or Monte Carlo with a DTC B3128 stored in BCM in history, no lamp set.

Recommendation/Instructions:
This DTC will latch in history for reasons unknown but not cause any symptoms with the vehicle. Do not try to repair a condition which may be setting the DTC unless the code is current. In other words, a history DTC B3128 should be disregarded.

now you dont know if it is a history code do you?

heres the second one.

DTC U1300, U1301, or U1305
Circuit Description
Modules connected to the class 2 serial data circuit monitor for serial data communications during normal vehicle operation. Operating information and commands are exchanged among the modules. In addition to this, Node Alive messages are transmitted by each module on the class 2 serial data circuit about once every 2 seconds. When the module detects one of the following conditions on the class 2 serial data circuit for approximately 3 seconds, the setting of all other class 2 serial communication DTCs is inhibited and a DTC will set.

DTC
Condition

U1300
Low voltage on the class 2 serial data circuit.

U1301
High voltage on the class 2 serial data circuit.

U1305
Either high or low voltage on the class 2 serial data circuit.

Some modules will set DTC U1305 if they are not capable of distinguishing between a short to battery voltage or ground.

Conditions for Running the DTCs
Voltage supplied to the module is in the normal operating voltage range.
The vehicle power mode requires serial data communication to occur.
Conditions for Setting the DTCs
• No valid messages are detected on the class 2 serial data circuit.

• The voltage level detected on the class 2 serial data circuit is in one of the following conditions:

- High

- Low

• The above conditions are met for approximately 3 seconds.

you can have these checked to see if they are a present code but like the b code said to ignore it if its history, and the u code is data line high voltage and that wouldnt suprise me if it was a history code. hope this helps you.

Old 04-15-2005, 11:41 AM

[sm=interesting.gif]

Cool info, thanks for your assistance Chevy......... I'll have to keep an eye on it and check for codes on a regular basis.

I have noticed no performance issues..

TVW