Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

8 DTC today. need some help if ya can

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2007, 08:51 PM
Photobucket
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default 8 DTC today. need some help if ya can

hey all checked the codes on my car today I have 8 all at one time LOL

well the first 7 were easy enough they are body codes and a U code.

Trying to figure out the meaning of it in the sens i know what they say it is in the OBDII definition but wha thtey hell dose it mean?

here is the code and the description of it in thier tabel

"DTC U1026 Loss of ATC Class 2 Communication" commnication to what?

ATC? i guess im looking to figure out what the hell the ATC is and what or why it lost cam. between the parts.

also the other body codes i cant remember but two of them i have in there permintly i think but they are driver door lock and pass lock codes for me having the door open when pulling the codes.
So im not real worried about those and the one i beliv eit siad the switch for the miorro was shorted to ground or som how screwed up. witch i knew thansk to our lovely atuo moving experince.

So any help with the one above would be great if you can help explain it more.

Old 04-22-2007, 09:17 PM
Default RE: 8 DTC today. need some help if ya can

I have come up with some different results for ya to ponder on. Granted I can't find what it is exactly but these might help.

www.impalaauthority.com/DTCs/DTC-U_codes.pdf

Old 04-22-2007, 10:45 PM
Photobucket
15 Year Member

thanks for the try, I know that that is actually wha tthe manual says but it dont tell you what it is other then that LOL

I actually ahve the codes list and also tryied to setrch it and nothign came up elaberating on what it ment for this .
So i will call a dealer tomarrow and see if they can coem up with a better idea also.

Old 04-23-2007, 12:36 AM

ATC makes me think Automatic Transmission Control unit, which could be the cause of the whole in/out of 5th gear problem. Sounds like whoever moved it slammed it into gear with the engine redlining to make it burn out. This makes the whole engine rock, which could have caused the ATC to be disconnected and could even effect the alingment.

Old 04-25-2007, 12:17 AM
Photobucket
15 Year Member

that would defently make sesns with the aliment issues im having now, and now it havign to be in passing gear all teh time to even change lanes right now it dont have the power to get it in to gear for it.

just makes me sick,.

Old 04-26-2007, 10:46 PM

I know of a place that sells a car chip that records all actions that are controlled by the computer (braking, shifting, etc) would've been nice to have one of em on there to prove that they treated your vehicle improperly. I hope for one your car eventually gets repaired back to or better than when they had it, and two, that it don't cost you a penny.

Old 04-28-2007, 01:36 PM
Photobucket
15 Year Member

well it cost me at least 100.00 for the Deductabel so far. but honestly it is a small price to pay if it gets fixed right.

they ave it now. the body shop guys went around it and i was pointing everythign out on the car and they found a few more even. but the one guy was almost in tears when he op[end the hood.

i guess i was impressed that i could actually get a body man and a Ins. man to complment me on how clean the car was . the one coment that i thought was kind of funny was it looks like you just took it out of a show room, the one then looks at me as says this happend while it was in storage someplace?

LOL
ummmm No!!!!!!!!!! never been stored anyplace. always been drove daily.

but at least i knwo i keep it in good shape still