Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

Driver Side Heater Not Working...

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2010, 10:45 AM
3 Year Member
Default Driver Side Heater Not Working...

06 SS with dual climate.

Don't know why, but my driver side temperature control isn't working. It blows hard, but its stuck on 'cold'. I slide the thing up, and nothing happens. The passenger side works, but not the drivers side.

I think its just the control module thing in the car, but before I drop the money on it, I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem or can offer their expertise.

Thanks!

Old 11-29-2010, 06:50 PM

exact same issue as in my 05. it's more than likely your driver's temp door actuator. but since you have an 06 idk how much different or similar things are. what i did was removed the kick plate under the steering wheel and the metal bracket behind that, and you look around to your right under there you'll see the actuator/motor. not sure what an 06 is like though. probably very similar.

Old 11-30-2010, 10:12 AM
3 Year Member

Awesome, thanks. Can I tell by looking at it if its bad? Or should I just swap them? Hopefully its not a big job, its starting to get quite cold around here.

Old 12-01-2010, 12:03 AM

Originally Posted by irulesoha
Awesome, thanks. Can I tell by looking at it if its bad? Or should I just swap them? Hopefully its not a big job, its starting to get quite cold around here.
i'd recommend a replacement. they aren't that much, like around 40 bucks. first time mine went out i just thought my blend door got jammed cause i tested the actuator and it spun back and forth how it should. then i put it back in and everything worked fine. this fall i found out it happened again, but this time the motor was too weak to turn the door. there isn't any surefire way of telling unless it doesn't spin at all.

Old 02-08-2011, 08:50 PM

Originally Posted by irulesoha
06 SS with dual climate.

Don't know why, but my driver side temperature control isn't working. It blows hard, but its stuck on 'cold'. I slide the thing up, and nothing happens. The passenger side works, but not the drivers side.

I think its just the control module thing in the car, but before I drop the money on it, I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem or can offer their expertise.

Thanks!
Hi I'm new to the forum, actually my first post. And my first problem. I see you have the same problem as me. I know I live in Florida, and you need heat. Yes it can still get cold here.... Same as you the passenger side gets nice and warm. Driver side ice cold. What did you find to be your problem??

Old 02-15-2011, 08:00 AM

Just wanted to dove an update. Got the car back from the dealer yesterday, it ended up being the left temperature actuator. Part was $57.00, labor $300.00 ouch !! Dealer said it does throw a code. Just thought I would let you know the fix. Plus according to them it has to be re-calibrated.