Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

Driver Side Heated Power Seat Problem.

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2011, 08:53 AM
Default Driver Side Heated Power Seat Problem.

Now, I could've sworn this thing was working...But, my wife has been driving the car since we bought it. So, I suppose she knows better then I do.

My drivers side seat. The heat does not work. I have read the stickied Heated Seat Fix, and will be attempting that when I have the time to tear the seat out, hopefully this weekend.

Well, yesterday, I noticed a new problem. The rear of the seat won't move up or down. I can move the seat forward and back, and move the front up and down, but when I move the bar up or down in the back, all I get is a whining noise.

I'm guessing something had possibly just slipped loose. The sound gives me hope that I can easily fix it. And, I figure since I want to try to fix the heat anyway, I'll try to kill both birds with one 6 pack.

Just wondering if anyone here has had problems with the seats. And, if there's anything I should check for when I get out there to take care of it. I've never messed with power seats before, and don't really know what I'm lookin for. Any kind of input is greatly appreciated!

Thanks alot, guys!

Old 09-05-2011, 06:52 PM

Did you figure out what was wrong with it? My power seat goes up and down fine but it wont go forward or back.