Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

DLR'S A New way to get rid of them for 6th Gen.

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2005, 10:54 AM
Photobucket
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default RE: DLR'S A New way to get rid of them for 6th Gen.

well i can voch for the fact that pepole dont look even if there is a head light if they did i would not have had to ride in a wheel chair for two years . She clamied she didnt see a thing! Go figure im on a red harley with loud pipes and she could not see me but hey i had a heal light on and it was a dlr to. More or less.

I agree that if you want them then have them as a option
But for some of us we dont care for them then take the damed things out of our cars!
I cant have them ( Not suposed to _ when you go threw a gate you have to dim your lights that is the Law on a Mil./ Base. But thanks to theses things we cant even do that now. at least the old ones you could by pass . tghe time it gets me the most is right before the head lights kick on and the dlrs are still on that is when they get me the most. i can knock the head lights down to the parks and get rid of themn till you hit a set speed . they will come back on if you forget to turn them on.

Old 05-27-2005, 12:24 PM

ORIGINAL: mickey

well i can voch for the fact that pepole dont look even if there is a head light if they did i would not have had to ride in a wheel chair for two years . She clamied she didnt see a thing! Go figure im on a red harley with loud pipes and she could not see me but hey i had a heal light on and it was a dlr to. More or less.

I agree that if you want them then have them as a option
But for some of us we dont care for them then take the damed things out of our cars!
I cant have them ( Not suposed to _ when you go threw a gate you have to dim your lights that is the Law on a Mil./ Base. But thanks to theses things we cant even do that now. at least the old ones you could by pass . tghe time it gets me the most is right before the head lights kick on and the dlrs are still on that is when they get me the most. i can knock the head lights down to the parks and get rid of themn till you hit a set speed . they will come back on if you forget to turn them on.
this is my stance as well, equip the car if you like, but give me the option to override them. I'm not an idiot who doesn't know the appropriate time to turn my lights on to make myself visible. I know there are plenty of goons out there who aren't mentally able to perform this function, but im not one of them. GM makes me angry.

Old 05-27-2005, 03:34 PM
Photobucket
15 Year Member

yeah i hear ya and then tonight on the way home my dash lights went out again

so now i will have to take it back to them for that one

Old 05-27-2005, 11:44 PM

yeah i hear ya and then tonight on the way home my dash lights went out again

so now i will have to take it back to them for that one
that's a rip. what year is your car?

Old 05-28-2005, 06:11 AM
Photobucket
15 Year Member

it is a 03 SS
I feel as if i got riped on this thing LOL
I had actually boiught the extended warrinty for it then was told it would not work over here so they bought it back from me but i really wish i had something here for the way this is startign to go i feel like it might be here a while this dealer here in Germany is acting more like he is goign to wait for it to go out of mileage and then say there is nothign he can do for it.
i only have 1700 on the car right now but still would liek to get this fixed ASAP

Old 05-28-2005, 06:14 AM

it is a 03 SS
I feel as if i got riped on this thing LOL
I had actually boiught the extended warrinty for it then was told it would not work over here so they bought it back from me but i really wish i had something here for the way this is startign to go i feel like it might be here a while this dealer here in Germany is acting more like he is goign to wait for it to go out of mileage and then say there is nothign he can do for it.
i only have 1700 on the car right now but still would liek to get this fixed ASAP
you meant 17k, right? See if you can get them to fix it one last time, if you don't get results, ask for the general manager. If that doesn't work, look in the back of your owners manual and call the number in there, just keep escalating it until something gets done. That's bs.

Old 05-28-2005, 06:46 AM
Photobucket
15 Year Member

i have already talked with GM of europe on this matter and thier folks there basically said the esame thign to me your screwed the car is from the states and was not offerd here sorry

I am almost to the point of not buying another GM car or truck weather here or the states

I have owned nothing but for the last 16 years and never even thought of looking at the rest of the sutos out there but im telling ya a toyota right now it looking good LOL

Old 05-28-2005, 01:47 PM

is there any way that you can call to a gm dealer back here in the states and tell them your situation adn then they can refer you to somewhere to go over htere and get you help.

Old 05-28-2005, 05:20 PM
Monte Of The Month - July 2005

hey guys i think i may be on to something i dunno for sure yet but i was messing around with my dome light and i just took the bulb out= breaking the circuit and i think my drls turned off not for sure cuz its raining hard so i didnt get out and look but i couildnt see them in the reflection of other cars

Old 05-29-2005, 12:12 AM

ORIGINAL: big green dog

hey guys i think i may be on to something i dunno for sure yet but i was messing around with my dome light and i just took the bulb out= breaking the circuit and i think my drls turned off not for sure cuz its raining hard so i didnt get out and look but i couildnt see them in the reflection of other cars
wow! Let us know, not that I'll take mine out, but it would be good to know. Also notate if the auto headlights still function

Quick Reply: DLR'S A New way to get rid of them for 6th Gen.