Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

Climate Control Lighting

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2006, 07:03 PM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Climate Control Lighting

Does anyone have an idea on how to get to and replace the lighting behind the Dual-Zone temp controls on a 2003 MC. Minor problem but a big annoyance at night!

Old 06-21-2006, 10:51 PM
Default RE: Climate Control Lighting

My passenger side just went out as well.

Looks like I get to rip something apart again!!!

Old 06-22-2006, 12:58 AM

if im not mistaken out side of taking the dash panel out it just has a couple 194 bulbs that plug in the back of it

Old 06-22-2006, 11:45 AM

ORIGINAL: DESS03

if im not mistaken out side of taking the dash panel out it just has a couple 194 bulbs that plug in the back of it
Your mistaking BELIVE ME I WISH IT WAS!!!!!!!!!!! LOL

none of our cars have bulbs in there they are all considerd NON SERVICEABEL!!!

But they can be replaced if you would liek to have it done. it can be done.

Also now it the time to really consider if you want to change the color or leave them they color they are. If you want to change the color it is not to hard to do. they are all solderd to the bread bord so you need to replace the lights with grain of wheat bulbs in there.

OR LED's

Better solution if ya ask me.

had mine done for almost a year now and they glow great and look great to !!!

but make sure what you get for LEDS is the 3mm bulbs and a resitor to know the power down to under 12 volts there.

this will not cause harm to anythign in your dash unless you screw it up

Or you can send it to me and i will do it for you.

But if you decid to just replace the HVAC Controlls PLEASE LET ME KNOW I WANT TO GET THE BORD!!!

I have severl folks that want me to do them for them if i can get the bords then i could do it on a exchange bias instead of doing them one at a time . would make my life easier.

For a good place to get LED's and the resitors all togeather
go to Daves Eletronics.come.

HEY JAZZZ Think ya could set up a group buy on this? I could use some more and i know of a few others that would liek to get some LED's also.

Just a thought

Let me know if etheir of ya want help for this. i will warn you if you can not solder then get the new bord it is really easy to mess up the bord completly.

Old 06-22-2006, 10:45 PM

So, if I find a couple of HVAC controls, whats it gonna cost me to get you to mod them for me?

Old 06-23-2006, 03:47 AM

for you[? I make you real good deal!!!

ACTUALLY! Send the LED's the color ya want and the one out of your car or the one ya want to have done.

and shipping back and fourth. and 20.00 bucks for me pocket for some sodas while i do it and were good to go.
I for some dum reason like doing them LOL

But the thing to remeber is the dash lights behind the guages are the same way. you have the over lays inplace so you should be good to go i havent done mine on my car ethier due to the speed hut over lays.

Old 08-08-2006, 07:34 PM

Bringing this back from a few months ago...

My passenger side bulb went out as well so I took it apart at work today, thinking we might have some bulb that will work but we don't. I went to Radio Shack and they have a few bulbs that will fit, but they are different voltages. Based on what you said about needed a resistor in-line to lower to voltage to run LEDs, I would assume that the OEM bulbs are using 12v and I should just buy the 12v bulbs. Am I correct?

Thanks.