Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

Climate control issue. Please help!

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2011, 11:53 AM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Climate control issue. Please help!

I have an 04 Monte. My issue is that whenever i hit a bump or travel over train tracks , my heat/ac goes out, then ever so slowly builds back up and starts again.... until the next bump that is. -- A little side note: a few years back i experienced water building up on the passenger side floor after rainfall. It ended up that a section of weather stripping under the panel beneath the wipers was no longer attached. aka, fixed that and solved that issue.. But I believe that with that water issue, that it allowed the water to fill up and over flow the blower blower housing... -- Is this correct thinking? Cause it seems as if there is a dead spot on the motor somewhere. On cold starts every once in a while, I must knock the bottom of the blower motor housing in order to get it going. So my thinking is, YES definately purchase a new blower motor. But what about the blower motor resistor? Cause as i understand that basically controls your low, med, and high settings on the speed,.. correct? And by replacing these two, should that solve my problem here? Thanks in advance, everyone here knows so much more than me on these car issues.