Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

95 z34 intake vac line HELP PLEASE !!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2011, 08:04 AM
Question 95 z34 intake vac line HELP PLEASE !!!

So I am bringing my monte back to life. I just had a new fuel tank/pump used tranny, brakes etc. put in at a local shop. While changing thermostat and other top end things I notice that a vac line was hissing. I found these two lines disconected and I can't figure out where they belong. One connects above the throttle body, the other goes bellow battery and AC condenser. What am I missing in the picture on link? Please help, I could not find in Haynes or chilton. Thanks

http://i1091.photobucket.com/albums/...0-02121339.jpg

Last edited by Space; 10-04-2011 at 08:32 AM. Reason: Add "?" mark 4 attention +
Old 10-04-2011, 08:22 AM

I don't know , but keep checking back on your thread question & hopefully one of our expert tech member's will know & post.
Welcome to the Monte Carlo Family. Wish you good luck on getting your Monte running great...Thanks also for posting a picture with your question.
Keep us updated on your progress + future pictures of your Monte...

Old 10-05-2011, 03:58 AM

I'm sorry that no one has posted, but maybe 2day one of our member's will be able to help...

Don't give `up...Good Luck

Old 10-05-2011, 07:28 PM

Cruise control?

Old 10-15-2011, 03:14 PM

So, after poking around I found that the bottom tube atached to a plastic ball attached inside the bumper/foward fender. Guy at the parts store said it was an evap canister and had to do with the fuel system....anyways I bought a universal vac line connector and put the two ends together and held it with electrical tape. hope that is all I need to do. Any expertise or thoughts are greatly appreciated.

Old 10-15-2011, 06:50 PM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2011
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

That ball is a vacuum canister. It has nothing to do with the fuel system. Basically what it does is "store" vacuum there and when you go WOT, you will still have normal operation of vacuum operated accessories (such as your blend doors). I haven't had that plastic car in my Monte in over 4 years. Nothing to worry about if you don't fix it.

Old 10-16-2011, 09:38 AM

Cool, thanks zipper. So yesterday I also changed out my IAC sensor, because when I crank up cold it would idle high and then immediately cut off, it will do this a few times and then car will stay on, but with a rough idle around 1000rpm. When the engine gets warm the roughness goes away, but sometimes at a stop light it will idle rough, but put it in park or neutral the roughness goes away. Today I'm spraying carb cleaner around vac lines and intake checking for leaks. thanks for the advice and tips.

Old 10-16-2011, 10:25 AM

So, just sprayed carb cleaner around intake manifold, throttle body, and every vac line around engine, no change in rpm or sudden engine rev. I'm thinking TPS, o2 sensor or well I really don't know.....?

Old 10-16-2011, 09:09 PM

The symptoms your describing sound like my last car but not as bad, if you have compressed air take the lines running to and from the pcv valve off and spray air through, then replace pcv valve their like 15 bucks some people say they only work good if bought from dealer but it cured my problem buying fro napa.tps is possible, o2 should trigger light, do you got a MAF on your car? Any lights on the dash? when did you last do a tune up?

Old 10-17-2011, 06:55 AM

Thanks for the advice and yes the check engine light is on constantly, bought a OBDI scanner and the check engine light just stays on, no blinking. just cleaned out throttle body and intake with carb/throttle cleaner. Went this weekend to purchase plugs and wires and plenum for tune up, shop had to order plenum. I will go ahead and do like you said and blow air through pcv lines and replace pcv sensor, while I'm in there with the intake manifold off, is there anything else I should service while the top end is off?

Quick Reply: 95 z34 intake vac line HELP PLEASE !!!