Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

Clicking during Heatwaves

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2011, 10:31 PM
Default Clicking during Heatwaves

I've posted once or twice before as I try to fix this thing up, and I am finally, finally on the last leg of doing so.

So, here's what happens:

Every time I turn on the car, three clicks from the passenger side, but, if
the temperature gets high, like 80 degrees, the clicking will never stop.

Annoying enough, but, the clicking will always take out my a/c. Then it will turn my headlights on and off, as well as the lights on the radio and dash, as if it can't decide whether it is day or night. However, it will stay on consistently at night (thank goodness for that.) It used to do this with the interior lights too, until I pulled the fuse for them. The interior lights won't go off if the security light is on. Sometimes the clicking will go off by the driver's side too, but that doesn't seem to affect anything.

I had to perform a security reset the other day so it would unlock my radio, and the security light didn't go away.

I used to believe this was all related to the BCM, until the clicking started changing things like the interior lights. My guess is, the clicking is occurring in one of the fuse boxes, but I'm not sure why.

I would be happy if someone can tell me simply how to disable the auto-on headlights completely, since I know how to turn them on myself and it is clearly unable to work out for itself what is day.

Old 12-05-2011, 04:46 PM

I have that clicking when I open my truck when the car is running or key is on position. This was not doing this when new. The security light stays on until I turn the key off and close the truck.
What is wrong?