Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

Changing Headlights

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2005, 05:14 AM
Default RE: Changing Headlights

huh?!
hmmmmmmm must be a full moon or somethign LMAO!!

Old 10-04-2005, 11:40 AM

Well I looked at the manual first, and it said to remove the air baffle, I have not idea what that was so I skipped that step. I saw that the headlights where locked in via two "plates" on either side of the headlight. I was able to get the one out, but the other was under some thing(I assume thats the air baffle but there was no way to remove it). So I took a long screwdriver and pried it off that way. When I took the SilverStars out of the packaged, I made sure to rub them in my palms, I heard that improves the life of the bulb, JUST KIDDING. I used a paper towel to remove the old ones and put the news ones in. Now, I needed to put the headlights back into position, I locked the one side with the plate, but to lock the other side, i got under the car and ran my hand up the radiator and locked the other side. That was it. Today, I just ordered the SLP spoiler, now i just need to find a place to have it painted. Does anyone one have an idea what that would cost?

Old 10-04-2005, 11:49 AM

When I took the SilverStars out of the packaged, I made sure to rub them in my palms, I heard that improves the life of the bulb, JUST KIDDING.
LMAO............ Thanks, I needed that this morning.... lol

Painting the spoiler should run anywhere from $50-$100... $100 is questionable... Have you had the pleasure of changing out your fogs yet?? They are a PITA......

Old 10-04-2005, 11:56 AM

Nope I have not done the fog lights, what does that entail? When you say $100 is questionable, do you mean that is high? Im in jersey, so everything here cost double

Old 10-04-2005, 03:14 PM

ORIGINAL: ralphtrent

Nope I have not done the fog lights, what does that entail? When you say $100 is questionable, do you mean that is high? Im in jersey, so everything here cost double
Well, you did not say you were in Jersey.... $200 - $300... lol Seriously, $100 would be on the high side, even around Jersey..

What part of Jersey?? I've spent most of the time I was there in the Newark/Elizabeth area. Around the airport mostly.

Old 10-04-2005, 04:15 PM

what makes those so hard to get at?
just hold the new bulbs in your mouth and snap them in when the old ones come out and hit you in the face.

and of course make sure you dont for get the snickers bar on the bumper when you do all of this . I hear if you smear it on your hands it will help you hold the bulbs with out gettn to much grese on them

Old 10-05-2005, 12:19 PM

I am about 20 minutes from the airport. The prices i got where $200 and $225 just for painting, so I am going to hold off on the SLP for now.

Old 10-05-2005, 01:31 PM

What did you find out on the SLP mounting holes? $200 seems way too expensive just to paint a spoiler.....

I'll check with one of our managers up there for a better body shop in the area.

I am about 20 minutes from the airport.
Oh, so you are right across from the airport huh...lol It took me a while to learn that damn 1&9.......

TVW

Old 10-05-2005, 03:35 PM

Yes $200 (paint) + $225 (spoiler) is way to exp. for me right now. The dealer can probebly get it cheaper with paint and installation. SLP Spoiler, just to refresh, SLP said the holes needed are the same as the holes as the sellor (LMPerformance said they are not, i asked if I needed new holes and they said yes. BUT they might have been aware of the spoiler I currently have, which is the flat board, but they should still know). I spoke to someone else on this forum that has the spoiler and he said the 2 holes where exact, 2 where slightly off, he just needed to drill them a little bigger.

1&9, yes if you make the wrong turn, you will quickly get the 'NJ Salute to You' finger given to you because you are heading in the wrong direction. I live far way enough to the airport where I do not deail with the headaches of it, but close enough to get there when needed.