Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

car engine running like crap!

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2006, 07:18 PM
Default car engine running like crap!

hello im new to the forum and have a 87 monte carlo ls v8 5.0.i just recently got it rebuilt and the transmission.and have a few problems that maybe you guys can help me with me.they put in a radiator from the engine shop bout it that they replace new.and i had to go to a carberator shop to get it rebuilt due to it was plugged very bad.so now in the mornings i notice that its hard to start then it starts.20 minutes of driving it will start to change?the engine will start to run rough and have hesitation.and i start to smell gas.and it will die sometimes.then i notice it will lose power then gain lose and gain til i turn it off for a little bit and it will do it all over again.i recently put flowmasters and they dfont sound right with them on the car.yesterday i took the car too the engine shop that rebuilt it and they say its the carburator to take it back there.so i did and the carburator shop said it cant be cuz they dont see and leaking or gas on the carburator.he told me thats its the igntion module.so i told the engine shop that and they said the carburator shop was lying.and to tbring hte car in on monday for the engine shop can look at it closer.so me being inmpatient i went and bought the module had a freind put it in and he notice on the distributer the take off was moving?he said it shouldnt and said thats my problem.so now im thinking its that but not sure.and he said it could possibly my sock.so me being even more impatient i drive it and from a start its hard and then after it starts it makes a loud grinding noise everytime and then goes away 2 seconds later.and has alot of hesitation from a cold start.and dies if i dont give it gas.and it makes alot of pinging noise when i give it full throttle.and after awhile of driving it will run better but so far its running really crappy even worst.and i forgot to add the car sucks alot aslot of gas and uses alot..so maybe u guys can help me out!anything will be good if you can.thanks angelo