Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

5th Gen ('95-'99): Big problem Bleeding rear Brakes w/Delphi 6 ABS system

Old 03-24-2016, 04:08 PM
Default Big problem Bleeding rear Brakes w/Delphi 6 ABS system

Thank you in advance for your response, I have this 95 monte carlo ls 3.1 liter white with buick 16" rims please don't laugh -I inherited this vehicle from my dad and I am looking to fix the brakes put some cheep tires on it and run to and from the mountains till it dies.. this car has the same Delphi VI abs unit as the buick in this video

I fixed all leaks (changed Master Cylinder[attached master cylinder to piggy back ABS system / bench bleed: both Master and attached piggyback abs unit], changed out the leaking right rear passenger wheel cylinder I.e. etc.. )

and Now I'm trying to bleed the brakes the (New) Master cylinder is generating pressure I have the rear passenger bleeder open but the Fluid in the reservoir is not going down and I can't get fluid out to the brake cylinder I don't think it's going through the ABS unit..

so.. do I need to interface the computer to Bleed the brakes on this car.. ?

thank you I.e etc.. '

Chris
253-250-1749

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
RIMG0391.JPG (3.25 MB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg
RIMG0392.JPG (3.38 MB, 5 views)

Last edited by The_Maniac; 03-24-2016 at 11:55 PM.
Old 03-25-2016, 12:00 AM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2011
Monte Of The Month -- September 2014
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I have not done work in this gen Monte, but I have worked on brake issues on a bunch of other GM cars around this era. I never changed out a master cylinder, but I've never had an issue bleeding. Never required any computer assistance. I suspect you have another issue at hand.

I've so far only seen this once and it was not on a GM. The rubber flex line was the failure point. Looked fine on the outside, but was collapsed on the inside, thus preventing the brake from being bled (and also caused the original problem of a hung caliper). Only way I know to prove if that it the issue is the disconnect the supply side of the line and press the brake and see what happens (if fluid comes out, you found the problem).

Search this Thread