Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

7th Gen ('06-'07): Bad electrical problems possible ecm fried HELP!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2022, 09:06 AM
Default Bad electrical problems possible ecm fried HELP!!

Okay I had a loose connection on my starter for a while sometimes it would just click but I couldn't see what was loose so I would just jiggle the wires and kind of get them wedged in there amongst the refrigerant lines. (I know I know I learn the hard way). So one day I ran over a small curb and apparently the post broke off of the starter and arked on the engine I had it towed home 50 miles for $300 thank God for gas prices. And I got it to start by jumping the S wire around the starter to the hot it won't start any other way and it goes in the limp mode and throws all kinds of error codes like it's like my mass airflow sensor and manifold absolute pressure and it says voltage circuit openNow I started by cleaning up my maf sensor but I'm almost positive it's an ECM issue how can I determine this? I know it was draining the battery in almost 5 minutes I did do a short circuit test by hooking a voltage meter or a little test light up to post on the negative and then my battery and I pulled fuses until I saw the light dim and that happened on 2 different fuses the 60 amp battery 2 and a 60 amp battery 4 I've been tracing those wires down to find the source of the short I found some burnt Wires in theFuse boxing the passenger side kickwell where you had to pull the lever off of that connectorA large gauge purple wire has burned marks all around Inside wear it connects in the connector but not on the wire anywhereSorry for jumping around I'm sure I have all sorts of problems problems but it's my only transportation and I need to get this fixed up I haven't been mobile for about 2 months now

Last edited by Mach33n; 08-16-2022 at 09:10 AM.
Old 08-21-2022, 09:36 AM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2011
Monte Of The Month -- September 2014
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Honestly, you may have a damaged PCM or more from that arcing issue. If you haven't done so already, I would advise taking it to a shop capable of doing some diagnostics on the car as this sounds a bit involved for Internet forums to review.