Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

Anyone Recognize This Heat Shield?

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2009, 07:55 AM
Default Anyone Recognize This Heat Shield?

Does any one recognize this heat shield (attached) as coming from a Monte, specifically of the 2005 variety?

I pulled out of my driveway yesterday, stood on it to avoid getting hit, did that little fish tale type of thing that is oh so fun in a Supercharged Monte, then a few hundred feet down the road, I heard this heat shield up under the car. Judging by the amount of contact points that were rusted out and that I heard no rattling prior, I don't think it's from me. I think I must have run it over, and didn't' see it coming b/c I was checking my mirror to make sure i didn't get rear ended. Anyway, I was wondering if anyone could identify this as being from a Monte Carlo. I'm going to check GMPartsDirect.com too and look for a diagram, but I though since everyone here is so knowledgeable, I'd throw it out there.

Thanks!

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
photo.jpg (63.8 KB, 110 views)
Old 05-04-2009, 08:22 AM

Hi `Matt,
This is just a guess but it looks like that Mustang GT your Raced & Blew his door's `Off, and maybe parts of his Exhaust 2 lol

Did U look under your SuperCharged Monte ?
U could've been go'in so fast that it blew `off ?
EnJoy your Power

4-Sure

Old 05-04-2009, 10:29 AM

the heat shield on my 02 monte ss .fell off .when pulling out of the driveway.both holes were completly rusted away.and the car is welll maintained and garaged.so i talked to my mechanic about the heat shield.he told me dont even bother puting it back on.

Old 05-04-2009, 10:49 AM

Space: I haven't been able to look under it yet. I don't have access to a jack or anything where I'm at so it's tough to get under there.

dominic: did the heat shield look close to this one? I've had other heat shields come off of other cars, and have never worried about putting them back on. I figure there's got to be a heat shield somewhere that is important, so that's why i at least want to figure out if this was from my car, or not.

Thanks guys!

Old 05-04-2009, 11:01 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Endo
I don't have access to a jack
do you not have a trunk? there's a jack in the spare tire well

Old 05-04-2009, 11:07 AM

same exact heat shield as shown .still have it.the one that fell off. stops heat from transfering to your floor boards.the mechanic told me not to worry about this pitcular heat shield. so i never put it back on.most likely it would start to rattle anway.but it is the same exact shield as you posted.
dominic

Old 05-04-2009, 11:34 AM

I do not have a supercharged MC, but the only heat shields of this nature on mine are located on the exhaust manifolds. Probably at or near the crossover that connects the two sides. That would be the first place I would look.

Old 05-04-2009, 12:05 PM

Originally Posted by chibiblacksheep
do you not have a trunk? there's a jack in the spare tire well
HAHAHAHA! Good point!

Old 07-15-2023, 10:49 AM
Default Heat shield

Originally Posted by Endo
Space: I haven't been able to look under it yet. I don't have access to a jack or anything where I'm at so it's tough to get under there.

dominic: did the heat shield look close to this one? I've had other heat shields come off of other cars, and have never worried about putting them back on. I figure there's got to be a heat shield somewhere that is important, so that's why i at least want to figure out if this was from my car, or not.

Thanks guys!

put that on asap! Just melted my tank because of it

Old 07-15-2023, 12:42 PM

Originally Posted by Dott15767@gmail.com
put that on asap! Just melted my tank because of it
Thanks for the help however, the car in question has probably long since rotted away in a scrap yard.