Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

Airbag light...

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2017, 01:20 PM
Default Airbag light...

Lady 2 with my 2006 LTZ and also the second issue to pop up: on the way to work with my wife in the passenger seat I got an airbag service message and the light came on with an the indicator showing passenger airbag is off. This morning prior to that with no one in the passenger seat, there was no issue.

Im my wife’s Saturn Vue when we had this issue it was because the passenger seat occupancy sensor for the airbag was run through the heated seats - she had a broken wire in a seat ... so fixing thatvwire fixed the airbags.

Is the Monte set up the same way by any chance?

Old 12-23-2017, 09:17 AM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2011
Monte Of The Month -- September 2014
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I am not sure if the Monte is the same way or not. But if you can have someone with a GM Tech II scan tool read the code thrown it will help better determine the true issue. Not all scan tools can check the SIR system (I know the Tech II can).

Old 12-23-2017, 09:29 AM

Originally Posted by The_Maniac
I am not sure if the Monte is the same way or not. But if you can have someone with a GM Tech II scan tool read the code thrown it will help better determine the true issue. Not all scan tools can check the SIR system (I know the Tech II can).
Thanks, I’ll check around. I know my OBD2 scanner doesn’t. I guess if it was set up the same it would probably be a well known issue. - it was on the Saturn forums. Shop want e close to $1000 to replace the entire sensor module in my wife’s Vue - cost me $.50 in solder and wire pieces to fix the wires.

Old 12-23-2017, 05:24 PM

Originally Posted by PTAaron
Thanks, I’ll check around. I know my OBD2 scanner doesn’t. I guess if it was set up the same it would probably be a well known issue. - it was on the Saturn forums. Shop want e close to $1000 to replace the entire sensor module in my wife’s Vue - cost me $.50 in solder and wire pieces to fix the wires.

Go you!