Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

Air conditioning completely stopped working

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2013, 06:36 PM
1 Year Member
Default Air conditioning completely stopped working

Hey everyone, the other day my AC was acting funny, I made a post about it when that started happening. When I turned the car off it would keep blowing full blast for a good 5-10 minutes. It didn't matter if I changed it from high to off. It just kept on going. Now I was on my way home from work and went to turn my AC on and it didn't work at all. I stopped by advanced auto parts, auto zone, and o'rileys and none of them could really figure it out. However they all seemed to think it could be the relay. And in fact one of the o'rileys guys came out and tried a couple things and he ended up trying to short it which turned the compressor on but the blower never came on at least from what I could see and hear. Does anyone know if it could be the relay and also if that relay runs both the compressor and the blower? I live in the south, so the sooner I can get my AC fixed, the better haha. Thanks for any help guys