Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

After Market Radio Help

Old 03-12-2019, 11:28 PM
Cool After Market Radio Help

I need help identifying the 2 adapters that plug into the factory radio. The 12 pin (white-left) is for the speakers, power, etc.... What is the smaller (right-black) 2 wire adapter for? Pictures Included. I'm trying to install an aftermarket radio with no harness. I dnt know what the 2 adapter is for. Any help would be greatly appreciated

12 pin (left) is speakers and power. What is the right adapter for?

I'm bypassing with out a harness. What are these wires / adapter for?

Old 03-13-2019, 08:23 AM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2017
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

just a caution on Gen 6 Monte Carlos all the computer car stuff goes thru the radio you can experience some serious set backs if you get the install wrong this is a big issue and has been the subject of many a thread here.

Old 03-14-2019, 10:13 PM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2011
Monte Of The Month -- September 2014
5 Year Member

The small plug is for if your car has factory OnStar or XM radio.

Old 03-14-2019, 10:41 PM

Originally Posted by Tripj3x View Post
I need help identifying the 2 adapters that plug into the factory radio. The 12 pin (white-left) is for the speakers, power, etc.... What is the smaller (right-black) 2 wire adapter for? Pictures Included. I'm trying to install an aftermarket radio with no harness. I dnt know what the 2 adapter is for. Any help would be greatly appreciated

12 pin (left) is speakers and power. What is the right adapter for?

I'm bypassing with out a harness. What are these wires / adapter for?
I got my radio to work. However I dnt kno what to do with the foowing wires.... A1, A6, A7, B3, B4, or B6. I am using no aftermarket harness. I'm wiring direct off this diagram of my factory adapter. I can get the radio to turn on and play sound but I lost my instrument cluster, turn signals, chimes, and security, battery warnings flash. Any ideas? Thanks

Old 03-15-2019, 08:06 AM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2017
5 Year Member
Question

Originally Posted by Tripj3x View Post
I got my radio to work. However I dnt kno what to do with the foowing wires.... A1, A6, A7, B3, B4, or B6. I am using no aftermarket harness. I'm wiring direct off this diagram of my factory adapter. I can get the radio to turn on and play sound but I lost my instrument cluster, turn signals, chimes, and security, battery warnings flash. Any ideas? Thanks
just a caution on Gen 6 Monte Carlos all the computer car stuff goes thru the radio you can experience some serious set backs if you get the install wrong this is a big issue and has been the subject of many a thread here.
So I mentioned this before and now all those things have happened that control the cars system. It could be you need to bring it back to preinstall and then. tap into the wires that may make the new system operate.

Old 03-17-2019, 10:36 AM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2011
Monte Of The Month -- September 2014
5 Year Member

The only thing you should have lost are the chimes (those route through the factory radio on that class 2 serial connection). But all of the other stuff *should* still work. Did you remove any fuses while doing this and not put them back? What happens if you put the factory radio back in?

Search this Thread
Advertising
Featured Sponsors
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.