Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

Add fog lights

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2010, 10:39 PM

some times rarly going to the dealer or a parts storw is not a bad thing i ended up doing the math and all i was saving is three dallors for a pack of cigs if i ordered from gmparts direct

Old 03-07-2010, 10:54 PM
Default Sw8002

Thanks monte!

Get some sleep man, don't let that machine rule your life. LOL

Old 04-08-2010, 12:40 PM

i forgot to ask if your bumper has the mounts for the fog lights? if it didnt you may have to get a different bumper. the bumper that i had had the spot for the fog lights till i took on a big curb and took out the front bumper cover. and now i cant put them back on do to the type of bumper the body shop put on. i cant put them on on top of that they took off the wires for the fog lights. it kind of ticked me off. right now i am looking fot the wires for the fog lights so i can turn them on when i can adaped the fog lights to the bumper.

Old 04-09-2010, 02:52 PM

ok i found a wire harness for our car that has fog lights down side it has the traction controll option on it but not sure if you are willing to get a tune for the traction controll. the wire harness that i just ordered from genuingmparts.com is around 115 befor tax and shipping i already have the trac controll and fog light switch. but not sure if you are willing to do this sillver

Old 04-09-2010, 07:03 PM
Monte Of The Month -- February 2009
2009 Monte Of The Year
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by monte07
ok i found a wire harness for our car that has fog lights down side it has the traction controll option on it but not sure if you are willing to get a tune for the traction controll. the wire harness that i just ordered from genuingmparts.com is around 115 befor tax and shipping i already have the trac controll and fog light switch. but not sure if you are willing to do this sillver
$115 for fog light harness? no thanks beside i already have fog light which i never use. i'm not gonna try it on my car. the dealer only want $30 a piece for the fog light harness how did you end up paying $115?

Old 04-09-2010, 07:29 PM

the dealer was going off of the vin off of my car and they said it could not be added. is there any way that you can get a pick of the fog light wires so i can argue with the dealer for them

Old 04-09-2010, 10:22 PM
Monte Of The Month -- February 2009
2009 Monte Of The Year
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Old 04-10-2010, 07:04 AM

my question is where would those wires hook up to? so can they be controlled by the fog light switch? what i mean is what wires did you tap in to or are they long enough to be hooked up to reach some where else. the reson why i am asking is because i dont want to get some thing and be not sure they will not work. is the wires you got work for the 9005 bulbs lights or can they work with the h11 bulbs that i have for mine? please dont mind me asking i want my fog lights to work again. and i do think our cars look sexy with the fog lights in the bumper compared to the malibu and impalla they look ugly compared to ours.

Old 04-10-2010, 11:22 AM

`Ryan, thanks for taking your time to help a member & post
your pic's.

`John,
I suggest you hire a attorney.
Still waiting for you to post your Window Sticker on
your Monte that you said that you had.
I would really be upset if the dealer sold me a
07 Monte LT and that it did not have the
standard equipment of a LT Monte.
I posted in your past thread question the difference
between a LS & LT and as
you stated in pass posts/threads that your Monte
did not have the equipment of a LT ? ? ?
I would get your sale contract & Window sticker
and meet with a attorney.

Would love to see what's on your Factory Window Sticker ?
You should not have to spend your Money to
replace what your already pay for ?

Old 04-10-2010, 02:38 PM

thing is an aterny already has a copy and every time i try to post a pic of the window sticker it always comes out to light. sad to say but i am going to get renburst from gieco for the things i put back on from the miss haps from progressive i given gieco the tape when i got the car starting from the vin to all the fetures. geico said if i ever had a problem again and they did not the descrepincy with the vin and the features of the car. so they will make a not of it and go from there and will ask for every detail on whats different. they asked me if i got the 17 inch or 16 inch but they asked if i got them put back on the car i said no i was going with aa different type later this year and they want a update so they can put it on what came with and what is add on and keep it current. they want to do it every six to 12 months. so it can be put on the vin on what the car has and what it could of had. dont ask me but the vin can have a history i think. but i will try again to put up the window sticker again

Quick Reply: Add fog lights