Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

Add fog lights

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2010, 10:07 PM
Default Add fog lights

My '06 LT did not come with fog lights. Has anybody tastefully added fog lights? I was wondering if the wiring was there and maybe I could just add the switch, relay and sockets/lenses.

Old 03-06-2010, 11:24 PM
Monte Of The Month - February 2010
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

first off welcome to the forum. we would really like to help with everything! most new members start out introducing themself first and letting us know more about them. it looks like you have an 06 LT 3.5 without fog lights. do you have any pics or more info? please don't take any offense to this post, we just like a little intro for new members, hope you enjoy the forum, thanks

Old 03-07-2010, 08:37 AM

the wires are there for the fog lights and the relay for the fog lights are the smae headlight auto light relay. all that you have to add is the switch and the fog lights unfortunally the fog light switch is part of the head light switch that has tracyion controle as well. i had to get that type of switch but i havent put in the switch yet do to the lack of time because i am doing the fog light install. you have to remove the bumper cover to install the fog lights. the reason why i am doing it so slow is do to how many air bag sensors that are in the front area i dont want to set the air bags off. back to the switch it is about 120-130 give or take if you include tax and who you get the switch from but it is more when you go to the dealer and get the switch.90% of the time the dealer will order the wrong one i asked for the switch and they ordered the same switch we already have non-fog non-trac switch. unfortunatly if your car didnt come with traction controll system it shouldent matter if you have the switch. because the dealer has a key code for the traction controlls to unlock it in the computer. witch is the pcm and the tcm

Old 03-07-2010, 09:31 PM
Default Introduction

Chris,

Thanks for the welcome. I just posted an introduction in the new members area.

monte07,

Do you happen to know the part number for the correct switch? Also, can I not remove the headlight and/or remove the inner fender well to install the lights?

Thanks for the info and the courteous welcome guys!

Old 03-07-2010, 09:58 PM

not really because when i started to do mine i thaught the same thing and ended up doing more work. i had to remove the bumper its self do to the tight area the cover is where the fogs go the two plastic dummy things that fill the holes where the fog light goes. not just that it makes it a whole lot easier to do to remove the bumber cover and remove the inserts that cover the holes for the fog lights and install the fog lights. i almost ruend mine do to over straning the bolts removing them there is like 6 tab like inserts that need to be removed and 4-6 screws as well to get the cover off. when installing the fog lights becarefull it is easy to round out the screw holes when putting them in outher than that the only thin is eating up my time is doingit by my self i dont have some one holding the bumper while i am attatching it it is a little of a pain.but the switch i got at auto zone is sw8002 and it was around 120-130 after tax give or take. it is the one that has the traction controll and the fog light switch it is the only one that can get to controll the fog lights but. i am guessing the traction controll switch will throw a code some where but not sure because i havent got the whole thing together yet. i wanted to do the fog lights first then put in the switch

Old 03-07-2010, 10:03 PM

oh yes you would have to remove the head lights to get the bumper off i will let you know how it goes tomorrow i had to work today and all i was thinking about is cant wait to put my bumper on to see how the monte looks but so far it is going on faster than i thaught. i stoped do to the time i didnt want to tick off the neighbors.

Old 03-07-2010, 10:06 PM

i forgot to mention it is a two day job for the fog lights and install the switch i just got buisy with a new job and had little amount of time to do it i cant wait to post pics of the new item and post for what us 7th gen need to do for a install. i dont have any friends here in polk county so i am doing it by my self and it takes time

Old 03-07-2010, 10:11 PM

I'm also interested in adding the fog lights to my LT. Did you get yours from gmpartsdirect.com or somewhere else?

Old 03-07-2010, 10:36 PM

oh i forgot i did remove some of the wheel well splash sheild some to get to two bolts on the driver side and pasenger side fender sorry i went out and took a look at it kick me in the but please man i am tiered

Old 03-07-2010, 10:37 PM

auto zone the dealer was the same price the gmparts direct is the same caust when you include shipping and the caust of the switch plus tax

Quick Reply: Add fog lights