Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

AC Blender Driver's Side PLEASE HELP!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2013, 05:26 PM
Angry AC Blender Driver's Side PLEASE HELP!!!

I have an '03 SS that on the driver's side only blows hot air when the A/C is on. I had the compressor repaired less than a year ago. The freon is full as well. Here's the thing...I am by no means a mechanic. Not even in the slightest. I am not familiar with names of parts other than the basics. I called my mechanic, he's going to want a fortune to replace the Blender Actuator. I am not in a position to spend hundred's more on this A/C. I know the part is around $40, that I can swing. I have found on a forum how to remove the bigger parts on the driver's side (2 plastic pieces and a big metal piece that goes under the steering wheel.) Those are off now. I managed to pull the dash off a bit and took a flashlight to try and find this part that I need to replace (all the directions I find make it sound pretty simple, which is why I did this in the first place). After looking, I COULD NOT FIND THIS actuator thing. I need step by step, tell it to me like I am an idiot (because with this I am) kind of directions. I am not afraid of doing it and would rather not, but right now I can't afford to go to the repair shop. I have looked at diagrams and can't make much sense of them because I don't really know what I am looking at. If someone out there could please help me with this I'd be very, very happy and forever in your debt. If you also have pictures, please post them and I mean of the parts you moved to get to the actuator. Thanks!