Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

ABS Light/trac off - Replacing Speed Sensor

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2013, 08:01 AM

The connector should come with 2 heat shrink butt connectors so you should be good there. Just make sure to get a good crimp then use a lighter of some sort to shrink the outer part to make a weather proof seal.

Old 07-05-2013, 08:20 AM

Just helping out a fellow MC owner,,, and besides I look things up all day in the GM catalog so I almost felt obligated, especially after you said another dealership couldn't find what you were looking for, took that as a challenge lol.

I hope that solves your issue Henderson, keep us updated with your repair.

Old 11-05-2016, 11:06 PM
Default Its chevy not MC specific

Ive had a 1998 pontiac montana and never read the codes. Changed both front hubs and just let it do its thing since it turns off the abs and traction control. Eventually got a new hub for the pass side and it was fine.

That died for other causes so i got another one (cant complain about 284k) and read the codes in this one and they are the same. It has been doing it since i bought it 5400 miles ago.. The front hubs were replaced a year in september. So were all the brakes and calipers in the front. I suspect he was throwing money without researching.

I know my connector on the pass side is dirty but i need to jack it up to get to it.. Or if i can get the guys at the oil change place to spray them out next time maybe itll improve. My bro does the work for me of changing hubs and doesnt want to do electrical so if its harness i may be stuck trying to do that myself. It does affect my stopping at this point with pedal vibrations sometimes but most of the time the abs kicks on after ive come to a stop and it has that horrible sound thats difficult to describe.

Just wanted to tell you guys its a chevy thing and not a monte carlo specific issue. It could be a rockauto issue

I find this a lot on impala sights too.