Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

96 Monte Carlo z34 Dashboard Lights Flicker and Other things

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2010, 05:30 PM
Default 96 Monte Carlo z34 Dashboard Lights Flicker and Other things

Couple days ago my driver side rear blinker light was out, but noticed it at night and after things closed to get a new one. The next day after work I started it up and drove it, only to notice the turn signal now works. Then I got trouble a day later the brake lights were out.

Now tonight on my way home I was sitting at light and noticed my dashboard lights flicker along with stereo. So turned off the stereo and it still continued. However, turning the stereo off allowed me to hear the ticking sound (sound like up in dash or somewhere near the dash.....not sure where it was coming from) that would happen with the pulsing/flicking/flashing lights. It would do this intervals of 30 seconds to a minute I would say.

I was wondering if this could be associated with being on the brake because it didn't happen while driving down the road. I put the car in park and it still did it. However, I stopped at store on the way home and on remaining drive home it didn't do it.

Is it the alternator? The car got a new alternator in Nov 08. Only has 25k thousand miles on the alternator. It got a new battery last year, has about 12k on that. New starter this year and only 5k on that.

If you need more info let me know.

Also can explain this PO137 O2 Sensor Circuit Low Voltage (Bank 1 Sensor 2)?

Last edited by 96MonteCarloZ34; 07-29-2010 at 05:36 PM.