Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

95 monte 3.1 wont start!

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2010, 02:51 PM
Unhappy 95 monte 3.1 wont start!

Okay, so I appreciate you guys willing to read this and help me out considering my money situation as well as job. Recently I had just finished fixing my cars radiator. It had no other issues that were noticable at that time of fixing it. In fact, it seemed to run pretty nice if not better than before(sound wise and performance) I ended up washing all the access radiator fluid from the engine and all around the engine bay with a backyard hose with no higher pressure than putting a finger over the end of it while its on. I drove to a friends house with relief I finally found out what was wrong with the radiator. Sometime later we run out and come back and the car is still workin amazing. No more than a half hour later I'm about to leave and the car to my surprise turned over but it wouldnt start! I left it there and came back n forth between my friends trying to find out whats wrong. Keep this in mind I'm not in the money situation at the moment to hire a mechanic or anything and personally I'd rather do it myself anyway to gain some knowledge per say. Since this is getting long im going to sum it up and say since then Ive changed the belt(optional i know) fuel pump, fuel filter, fuel pump fuse, and done multiple tests such as the ohms meter on the fuel injectors and tested the spark plug wiring using a screwdriver and used an overall coding computer for the whole car and it came up as no faults, it has gas, sanded the ignition key and still no go..the sparkplug wiring and I want to say but am unsure of the actual sparkplugs are newish..and they look good for the most part as far as i know..the battery is new..and when I sprayed "starting spray" in the air intake the car made a sound as though it was about to start(which is why I did a lot of fuel replacements) but okay Id say this is enough readin n typing..what do you know is wrong with it..or think I guess but you know what I mean. Please help I need to be able to get to work soon! Thank you for any feedback! * 116k miles and the oil is fine w/ a somewhat recent tune up

Old 04-19-2010, 03:53 PM

Did you check to see if it jumped time. you said something about making a noise. if you have fuel and spark next is to check your timing with that kind of miles it would be where I look.

Old 04-19-2010, 06:25 PM

if it made a funny sound neer the air intake box you got water on the starter silinoid and shorted out do to wear and tear. dont be suprised take the starter and silinoid off and take it to auto zone or pepboys to test it. if it is getting fuel and spark it probably not getting enough spinn from the starter to start the car.