Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

2003 SS Dead

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2017, 07:44 PM
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default 2003 SS Dead

Last week while driving from work, my car started sputtering like it was running out of gas. There was gas because I just got some from the gas station before it happened. My gauges for the gas and my coolant temp were reading empty and cold. They kept jumping. I got off the road, cut the car off and it wouldn't restart at all.

I had it towed home and tried tinkering with it. No luck. There's no power whatsoever in this car. Battery is less than 6 months old, alternator is less than 6 months old since I changed it. I've tried charging the battery, and that doesn't do any good.

Any input on what this could be? Is it the PCM? The car has 212,000 miles

Old 07-06-2017, 03:16 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2017
5 Year Member
Smile

It most likely is that exactly, Sometimes if you disconnect the Battery completely and leave it overnite it might reset something. And you get another chance.
Otherwise you will need a new one. Might find one at a salvage yard??
good luck!!

Old 07-06-2017, 05:13 PM
5 Year Member

Thanks for confirming that. I haven't tried leaving the cable off overnight but I'll try that and see what happens. And if not, then I'll take the next step of getting another PCM or a car haha.